Premed 101 Forums

First Aid and CPR

Guest bkim20

Guest UTMed07

>Is anyone in the Mississauga area interested in getting together to do this?

Want to do the Toronto course instead? It is easy to get there with public transportation. :)

I'm going to see if I can get into the next two-day course at City Hall by Toronto EMS. The dates are here... the cost $85 + tax.

Guest bkim20

Hmm.. they are both recognized by the Workplace and Safety Insurance Board and the Heart and Stroke Foundation, so I assume they are similar.

The Toronto EMS is cheaper ($85 versus $135) and it's shorter too (2 days versus 3 days). I think I'll sign up for that.

Take care,

Guest cheech10

Don't you just need to be done it before 2nd year? That's how it was with us, and our class ended up getting a whole course just for us down on campus.

Guest UTMed07
- cheech10 - Don't you just need to be done it before 2nd year? That's how it was with us, and our class ended up getting a whole course just for us down on campus.
You don't have to get it before clinical training, but it is recommended. A yellow sheet I got with the title "Instructions to Accepted Applicants" says:
It is strongly recommended that First Aid and CPR training be completed prior to the commencement of clinical training in October of 2003.
Seems like a good idea and good fun. Also, some comments by UWOMED2005 in this thread are food for thought.

- peachy - Is Toronto EMS the same quality as St. John's Ambulance?
Dunno. Toronto EMS' web page states here they are accredited for teaching paramedic programs. This makes me think they ought to be able to teach a decent first aid course.

- bkim20 - The Toronto EMS is cheaper ($85 versus $135) and it's shorter too (2 days versus 3 days). I think I'll sign up for that.
Perhaps I'll bump into you. :)

Archived