Premed 101 Forums

have rejection letters been sent out as well?

Guest ssup

Guest ssup

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what ppl like me should expect if we haven't got anything in the mail yet:

Are all letters (waitlisted/rejected/accepted) sent out on may 30th or are just the first round acceptances sent out?

Ssup

Guest ssup

I know I've been out of the loop with Toronto's admission :o ...my interview went really terribly there so I haven't been paying too much attention to what's going on since I think my chances of getting in are like 0.000001% :eek

In any case, the answer to my Q is....?!?!?!?

Ssup

Guest Meds2003

I don't know if rejections were sent out as well on May 30. My letter stated that refusals were sent to some but it seems like everyone here who didn't get in has been waitlisted. I have a feeling it's a very long list....

Guest UTMed07
I have a feeling it's a very long list....
I was told last year it's about 150 people. If that is true about 100 get rejected (assumes ~200 offers are made initially 450-200-150=100). If 240 offers are made initially (as some have suggested) about 60 people get a rejection (450-240-150=60).

I have the feeling that U of T has the unfortunate habit of sending out the rejections and waitlists later than the acceptances. I got waitlisted last year (see posts by 'medwant2b'); the letter was stamped "4 VI '02" (4 June 2002) by Canada Post -- not May 31st (2002) when all letters were supposedly mailed. It looks like this year isn't different from last... :(

Archived