Premed 101 Forums

CHECK YOUR MAILBOXES...

Guest thelaze

Guest icedog12

I don't like this. I know that last week they sent out letters on both Thursday AND Friday. I hope the acceptances weren't sent out Thursday and the rejections Friday and that being the reason why we haven't received anything yet. I've called around and I haven't heard of someone who received a letter today and NOT been accepted.

Is anyone still waiting to hear from Toronto? For those of you who have received mail already, are the acceptances and waitlists both postmarked on May 30th? Lastly, are the acceptances also sent by regular mail? Thanks and congratulations guys!

Guest thelaze

My letter is postmarked May 29 (although it is dated May 30, go figure) and it was sent by regular mail. I live in Toronto and I got it yesterday, June 2.

Good luck and a speedy wait to those still waiting and congrats to my fellow acceptees. See you in September!

Guest snoopychan

I am in!!!!! I am sooooooooo excited. I am a grown man and am crying like a baby right now. This is my second time applying. Waitlisted by Toronto until late August last year. Toronto is my second choice, Alberta is first. I am currently on the OOP good waiting list there. Fingers crossed.

Congrats to all who have been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting to hear. My experience indicates that if you work hard enough at something, you can do it (as if you don't know already). You guys are all winners for making it this far. Cheers!!

Guest also in limbo

i'm in kingston and the mailbox was still empty today - getting worried... has anyone outside toronto been waitlisted?

congrats guys!!

Guest mumfirst

Hey snoopychan!!!!

Congratulations!!! I have been watching for a post from you. Did you hear from the other schools yet? Email me at md2b1day@hotmail.com if you don't want to answer on the forum - I'm particularly interested in how you made out with Mac! ;) (and wondering how the rest of our group did!)

Congrats again - and I hope you get the letter you want from Alberta!

mumfirst

Guest peachy

Hey Limbo,

A friend of mine is definitely accepted (another MD/PhD'er) but hasn't gotten his MD acceptance envelope in the mail yet ... so there are definitely a few still in the mail!

peachy

Guest snoopychan

Hey SMP: Yup, postmarked May 29th and just got it today. Made my day, I even brought my dog to the mailbox with me for good luck. The beagle can do wonders.

Guest Namgalsip

Wow, I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this. I only got the envelope today (Wednesday). I thought I was rejected since I haven't heard. So those still waiting, acceptances are still flowtin around with Canada Post.

OK, now the choosing can officially begin.

Nams

Guest me maniac

No, I won't think your a brat (but only if you put in a good word for me at Calgary when you give up your spot! - afterall, a guy that has as many acceptances as you do, should carry carry a lot of weight!). Smarty pants :b .

me

Guest Namgalsip

Yeah, a lot of acceptances but also 2 MCATS and 2 application cycles (3 at Mac)....it took a LOOONG time!

No probs. I'll tell Calgary that I'll give up my spot, but I'll do it conditionally. The condition being that they move a person by the name of me maniac to the top of the list!!

How does that sound?

Nams

p.s. I'm a she!! (not a guy)

Archived