Premed 101 Forums

Grad school scholarships/bursaries

I was wondering what scholarships/bursaries are there in Ontario (UWO) that I can apply for grad school? Can someone list all of them if possible?

Hmm... Biggest ones are OGS (ontario graduate scholarship) and NSERC. The heart & stroke also offers a pretty big one... I heard there are a lot of ones available in kidney research too.

Your supervisor would be the best person to ask about this. They are aware of the smaller scholarships that would apply to your field/project.

Of course, surely you are aware of the provincial and national scholarships available for grad school (OGS, OGSST, NSERC etc).

If you get a major external national scholarship, UWO will give you a grad tuition scholarship. At least they used to.

It is really impossible to list all possible scholarships. Ask your supervisor/potential supervisor, go to your grad school office, do a google search.

the UWO external scholarship website is: http://grad.uwo.ca/current_students/external.htm

like everyone else has said, you should chat with your supervisor. They know which scholarships are applicable to your project. Also, Western offers admissions scholarships for grad students that your advisor nominates you for. Mention that nicely to your advisor! hahaha! Mine was $3000 but they vary per program.

Hi,

Depending upon what you are studying, perhaps you can find a private organization that specifically funds that topic ie: stroke, Alzheimer's.

While most grad students who apply for CIHR, the private funds can actually supply more funding depending on what you study. During my studies, I was CIHR for a bit and then later privately funded.

Regards,

Entorhinal

Archived