Premed 101 Forums

External Bursaries

Does anyone have any good ideas/links for any external bursaries for med students? I'm assuming there are a ton of available bursaries out there and I will search online in the next month or so, but if an upper year student can give their advice I would really appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if you wish. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

It appears that everyone is tight lipped about where they get their free money from! Besides the Millennium Foundation, and maybe local scholarships that are offered in specific communities, can anyone share where they have received any financial aid from external from their med school? Are there any hidden gems out there?

Sorry, I'm not aware of a ton of bursaries available for med students. You can try looking into programs designed to encourage rural medical practice (eg RPAP in Alberta) as they often offer some support for interested students.

RBC does offer a scholarship for entering students:

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/scholarships/medical-dental/index.html

Or you can try entering a general competition such as the Mensa scholarship:

http://www.mensacanada.ca/

It appears that everyone is tight lipped about where they get their free money from! Besides the Millennium Foundation, and maybe local scholarships that are offered in specific communities, can anyone share where they have received any financial aid from external from their med school? Are there any hidden gems out there?

steelie,

I'm guessing you already checked out all the awards listed on the NOSM website? They seemed to have quite a few!

If you haven't already, send them off an email and see if they have any further suggestions.

Good luck! And, congrats again :)

Archived