Premed 101 Forums

Acceptances out!!

Guest MedCraz

Guest cheech10

AFAIK, no acceptances have been mailed out, except for the MD/PhD program. Nor can they be mailed out until the end of June as per the OMSAS information. So peachy's assessment is correct.

To the OP: If you are an MD/PhD student, please make that clear; otherwise, this thread will be deleted.

Guest faqir9

now here's the thing I don't understand, and its the one thing that repeatedly drives me nuts about this board. Granted the poster may be lying. But why the need to delete the thread, even assuming he/she is? I mean if it were a lie it would be pretty funny to hear a response. What do you need to protect readers from? Ain't nobody gonna go jumping off a bridge, and isn't it pretty clear from the responses what the sitch is?

Its so paternalistic.

We're all growed up here.

Guest UWOMED2005

Hopefully this poster is referring to the MD/PhD program, where acceptances do go out before the May 30th deadline. If not why not delete it - why reward someone who is lying with having the post around so it can cause problems? Or fool someone who browses the board without paying too much attention to all the posts. It is just extra clutter - there's no point in leaving it.

Finally, I guess you never visited the Delphi premed board that was active a couple of years back. The guy who set it up had great intentions, but didn't visit it enough so that it was adequately moderated. . . the result was that it descended into utter chaos.

Apologies if the original poster was referring to acceptances for the MD/PhD program.

Guest cheech10

At its most basic level, this board is here to provide information and advice to applicants. We feel that this is a very useful board and try to disseminate any information that we have that may be of interest. For example, hearing that other MD/PhD applicants have received notices can be quite useful to other applicants. As medical students, we may at times have extra information that is not available to applicants (for example, when interview invitations have been sent out), and in some cases we may be able to verify that information is false, while applicants don't know this. If we then allow false information to be posted and choose to do nothing to dispute it, this lessens the utility of the board and the confidence that applicants have in the board as a source of information. This is why we try to maintain a close eye on threads that may be spreading disinformation.

Look, for the most part, we don't clamp down on threads that are expressing opinions or engaging in debate. We do however remove threads that serve absolutely no use or contain blatant factual inaccuracies, as may be the case here.

Guest faqir9

but that's exactly my point.....the truth was quickly disseminated. Anybody reading this thread now realizes the facts. They might have even learned something. (I ain't touchin the keeping a thread up as "reward"?? thing....but, i do remember delphiforums...it died because of ian's board, not due to lack of a hall monitor). There is just no need to play dad. Despite the fact it seems highly unlikely the original post was honest.

Guest Biochem10

I think we should get rid of this thread, MedCraz hasn't responded and it's pointless to keep up a thread that is so obviously phony. I think this site is a great resource of information for those looking to apply to med school and people like medcraz are just taking advantage of it to spread rumours or propagate lies. I don't even know why he/she would even find that funny--most of us on this board know when the letters are being sent, so it's not like anyone even thought it was true unless this person is an MD/PhD applicant.

Guest multifish

It's been ONE day since MedCraz posted, and heck, maybe he/she is an MD/PhD applicant. Since everyone must be fully aware that U of T doesn't send out notices for the MD program until the end of May, why are you leaping down this person's throat like a tonne of bricks? Ain't no call for that.

Guest Dannyboy

I think this thread should perhaps not be deleted but it definitely should be edited due to the atrocious grammar and spelling that is being used. I am horrid at both so when I am shocked at the the # of times "ain't" and double negatives are being used: wow, that is truly something! Just joking people (but really....)

If I got into the MD/Phd program I sure wouldn't be reading this board the next day. Nope. It would be PARTY TIME for me. Unless I had to work the next day...which I currently am doing. Blech.

Guest artef

Ever seen "Waiting for Godot"? This thread is symptomatic of our desire for our acceptance letters. During all this waiting, we need something to talk about, after all!

Guest not rex morgan

MedCraz. Congrats if you got into MD/PHD. Think of deleting the few posts out of thousands as clearing spam, rather than censorship or some totalitarian decree. Writing inaccuracies in an attempt to obliterate boredom on a forum that is intended for sincere support and information is the equivalent of herbal cures for erectile difficulty ending up in your inbox.

Guest Biochem10

The funny thing is how we are all contibuting to this thread without even getting a response from the infamous MedCraz. I guess it did relieve some boredom, if that's what it was meant to do. It's funny, I think this same post was put up last year (before any acceptances were sent out).

Guest batman

well, i considering MedCraz didn't confirm if he/she is a)MD/PhD or B) lying (as peachy said), it'll be amusing to see the response. However, judging by the slightly hostile/angry/arrogant tone in that follow-up post, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Now that its only one month away for most of us (except peachy and biochem10, Congrats!!),

"my advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

-John Belushi

Guest Biochem10

No, I didn't get into U of T... wish I did though. I'm still waiting for news and I'm afraid to call the office and bother them (again). What gave you that impression anyway? Strange...disappearing messages from MedCraz, perhaps he/she felt guilty for being so mean to us pre-meds...we're all not that crazy and obssessive compulsive!

Guest Chieka

Oops, sorry, Biochem. batman's post had me believing you were in at U of T. Hopefully, I'll have reason to congratulate you soon, though. ;)

C.

Guest soapyslicer

not rex morgan,

Too boring on the UBC site? Speaking of erectile dysfunction, should be defending end of May. We are all obviously bored when you look at how many have responded to this thread. Oh...how come you are not sitting out on the lawn with your brain bucket trying for some diffusion - passive or not(ha ha). Hope the finals go ok, sorry I can't help much with them.

soapy

Archived