Premed 101 Forums

Am I the only one still waiting...

Guest shutterbug

Guest Valani9

I'm there too.

I think that they probably aren't sending out rejections at this point - those may just be lower priority. Not all hope is lost, but the chances are gettin' slim....

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

I haven't heard yet either. This is exactly what happened to me last year...no news until May, when I heard about my big fat rejection. Anyway, gotta still keep our fingers crossed, and hope for the best.

~JZ

Guest Jerika81

Hey, It's good to see that there are some other people that still haven't heard anything as of March 20. I'm to the point now where I'd rather get a rejection tomorrow than nothing, just to have peace of mind. Even if I do get an interview I don't know how likely I am to go at this point because I'm in Calgary and I can't just fly off to Toronto at the last minute. I also don't know if I'm all that interested in going to a school that thinks it's so great it can send out invites at the last minute and people will still go. Anyways, clearly I'm getting frustrated, as I'm sure other people are too....

Jerika81, I totally know how you feel. I'm from Vancouver, and I don't know if I'll fly out even if I do get an interview. I'm already flying to Ontario twice this month for my Queens and Western interview and I can't really afford another flight. It's frustrating, 'cause I called Toronto and explained the situation, and was essentially told "too bad, we can't let you know of your status". Sigh...

Guest Jerika81

JC15- when are your Queens and Western interviews?

I'm catching the redeye to Toronto tonight although my Queens interview isn't untill Sunday, and I have Western on April 12th. The only way I'll go to U of T is if it's on April 13th because like you, I'm not flying out 3 times. So will I be seeing you at Queens this weekend?

Jerika

Guest shutterbug

Thanks for the responses guys :)

I've probably been hanging around the mailbox too much lately...but, it's good to know that I'm not alone :lol .

Guest hmsdread

Hey everyone,

Don't despair just yet. I had my interview at TO on the final weekend last year, which was sometime in early May. I didn't receive an invite until at least late April; meanwhile everyone else I knew had already interviewed!

I know the waiting sucks, but until you hear otherwise don't fret about being rejected.

Good luck.

hmsdread

Guest aneliz

I was in your boat last year....I too interviewed on the last interview weekend at UofT (Mother's day!) and I didn't hear anything from them until late April.

I had all of the same feelings you do now towards the school..and in fact, their treatment of me during the waiting process and during the interview day itself are what led me to turn down my acceptance there with absolutely no hesitation. Amazing that they haven't changed anything...I think that they are actually chasing away their best candidates....because they are all going to get in elsewhere....and who wants to go to a school that treats you so badly during the app process?

Hey...my interview at Queens is this Sunday at 2. I'm catching the red-eye Friday night. Maybe I'll see you at the social events. My Western interview is the 30th... so I have to fly out two weekends in a row, which kind of sucks...but oh well. Good luck at your interviews!

Jenny

Guest Emila

I'm also waiting. I can't believe another week has gone by!

I read a post somewhere about UofT cancelling the March 30 interviews. Does this mean there will be another interview day?

Does anyone know if they will be having May interviews for sure?

Guest ozymandiasking29

I have only one thing to say...

What the hell is WRONG with U of T??? This wait is driving me crazy :eek

... ok, I've calmed down now... back to waiting:(

Guest cheech10

March 30th interviews are NOT cancelled. We just got e-mails looking for tour guides for that weekend.

Also, don't worry yet; you're just probably in the final batch and will hear as soon as they go over your file.

So, when do you think we can stop holding are breath for an invite? Only when we hear something? Or, say, by the 15th of April?? :x What do you guys think?

edit...

Did I really use the word 'are' like that!?

Guest shutterbug

Well, last year they notified me 1 whole week before my interview :rolleyes ....so, I would say April 15 minus 7 days for that weekend of interviews.

To UT mods: how many more apps are there left to be reviewed? Are we looking at May interviews at this point?

Guest bad hombre

still havent heard anything either. I guess those people at U of T believe they can get away with this because of their size and reputation :rolleyes

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

This wait is nothing in comparison to previous years!!! I received rejections from UofT last year and the year before and both arrived in May! Ack.

Hopefully your wait will be a little shorter!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest shutterbug

...I know someone who applied 5 consecutive years before finally getting in...he'll be a great doctor...BTW still no news for me either :\ .

Guest Raid123

hey guys,

I got my interview invite yesterday (friday march 28th). the letter was dated 25th and mailed on the 26th. Int is on april 26th.

Hope you guys get good news soon.

Guest ozymandiasking29

ahha, so they did add another interview weekend after all... I am waiting with baited breath!

By the way Raid, do you live in Toronto?

Archived