Premed 101 Forums

Rejection...

Guest Nadz227

Guest Nadz227

I got a rejection from U of T this morning...it's definitely not pleasant but I'm not too bummed `cause I'm only third year and got interviews at Western and Queens. My problem is that I'm not sure as to why I didn't receive an interview and therefore have no idea how to improve my application. My gpa is 3.98, mcat scores are 10,10,13,Q and I've got a lot of volunteer experience...however, I didn't, at the time of my application, have any research experience...could that be the reason? If so, I've received an NSERC award for the summer so that might improve my app. if I end up re-applying next year. Anywayz, I was just hoping for some insight or suggestions...they'd be much appreciated;)

Nadz

Guest Biochem10

Hi, sorry to hear the bad news. It sounds like you have great stats, so unfortunetly I think it was the essay that might have been the problem. I've heard of a lot people in your situation that didn't get interviews and it is usually because they didn't give 100% of their effort to writing the essay. I don't think you NEED research experience, as long as you can utilize the extracurricular experiences that you have in your essay to make them applicable to medicine. Good luck with Western & Queen's and if you do re-apply to U of T next year have several people give you feedback on your essay.

Guest Nadz227

Thanks for the reply...I think you`re probably right. I did get a lot of feedback but even at that, after reading it lately I realize that I would change a lot if I had to rewrite it today. Maybe it's for the best...I'm still debating about wether I want to finish my honors degree anyway.

Thanks again, Nadz

Archived