Premed 101 Forums

Anyone have an interview on April 11-13 yet?

Guest PDSP

Just wondering if anyone has heard about having an interview on the April 11th weekend? If so, I'm guessing this would be the third batch. As well, has anyone heard any rumblings about a fourth U of T batch and corresponding interview weekend?

Thanks,

PD

Guest Raid123

I haven't heard anything from UT and the wait is killing me.

Anyways, when i applied two or so years ago, my interview invite came in may and was sent to the wrong address. I would never have known if the UT secretary hadn't called me to ask my why i hadn't confirmed whether or not i was coming. So in the end, what i am trying to say is that the wait is bad but if you get an invitation, they will do everything to let you know that you have one.

Also, does anyone know how many students are being interviewed each day? is it a 50 or so or a hundred?

Guest Emila

Raid123: When you got your invite in May, had they planned those May interviews or were they added on later?

I can't stand the wait! I've heard from the other Ontario schools already but U of T is my first choice.

Have all the March interviews been mailed?

Is the rumour true that all rejections were sent already or are there more to come?

Does anyone know when they'll be mailing the April interview times?

Hey all,

I just got an interview invite for March 31!! The letter was dated March 4. I'm not sure if I am part of the third batch or just got moved from the interview waiting list to the interview list for the 2nd batch (since it is almost two weeks to the day since the first 2nd batch notices went out).

PD

Guest Raid123

Sorry emila, i don't have answers to most of your questions.

When i received my invitation last time, it was sometime in April and i had honestly given up hope that i would be interviewing at UT that year. I am not sure if the interviews were planned or added on later, but in any case, that day they interviewed a massive number of people. I would have to say upwards of 50 people were interviewed.

Also, that year i didnt receive a rejection letter after being placed on the waitlist until sometime in October/November and only becasue i called and bugged the admissions office. Thats just how toronto works. Its slow as molasses and not very efficient.

Guest Namgalsip

Hey PD,

Congrats!! I knew you'll get one...but you broke your 2's streak, you'll just have to to call them and get the dates changed!

Nams

Other than PDSP, has anyone else heard about the "last" interview weekend? I have been waiting patiently, but that patience is running out! I have heard back from all the other schools and would really love to know where I stand with U of T.

Anyone else feel the same way?

BJ

Guest ozymandiasking29

I'm in the same boat. U of T is my first choice by far but it's the only one I haven't heard from yet. I wish I could just know even if it's a rejection (I sincerely hope not!!!!!)

Guest multifish

I just got my interview invite: it's for April 9th. I live in Toronto, so that may have affected how quickly I got it, and I'm not even sure if it's the last interview weekend or not, but...it was the last one I was waiting for as well. Best of luck to everyone else, hope they don't keep you on pins and needles for much longer!

Guest ozymandiasking29

Hi multifish,

your interview is on the 9th? isn't that a wednesday? I don't remember it being listed as one of the original dates, so maybe this is u of t's attempt to avoid may interviews...

Hi multifish,

Congrats on the invite! I don't remember your info, so maybe you could share with us (and help allay our fears!). Are you a graduate applicant? Or an MD/PhD applicant? Otherwise it means that the rest of us might be finding out soon! It will be nice to know either way. Yipee!

BJ

Guest StarGirl123

Hi, I just wanted to say I have my interview on April 12.:eek The letter was dated February 25. Good Luck to al thsoe who are still waiting :)

Guest Nightrider

Is it just me or does it seem like A LOT of people are still waiting to hear from Toronto? I know 9 people (including myself) who applied to Toronto this year, and 7 of us are still waiting! Even if the batches are randomly computer generated, that still seems like a high percentage still waiting. Hmmmm...hopefully the good letters will come soon :)

Guest drews97

I'm still waiting which is unfortunate becuase if I do get an interview it looks like I'll have to fly out to Ontario 3 times, there will be no time to try and configure 2 interviews on 1 weekend...oh well :(

Guest Nightrider

A few more weeks!?!?! Mac had more than double the # of apps as Toronto, and they finished weeks ago! Oh well. My impression is that they send rejections as they go through. I know one person who got a rejection in January. You'd best talk to the admissions office about that though.

Guest multifish

Yeah, I don't know why April 9th was in my head. My interview is actually April 11th. FYI I'm a grad applicant, applying for the MD program (I've learned my lesson!). For those of you still waiting: I've been at U of T for a while now..6 years?..and in my experience with them, they are all over the place in terms of efficiency, which means that there are probably still plenty of letters floating around for the April 11-13 weekend, plus I live in Toronto. And beware! The come-for-interview letter is a very slender one!

Archived