Premed 101 Forums

EXAM krackers are they worth it?

Braindrain

Hi i am debating i have the princeton review and just got the berkeley review ( physics and chemistry) books...

now i have heard a lot about Exam krackers...

i am rewriting the mcats because i got a 27 P last time 10B 10P 7V Q, so now i aim to get a 36 Q.

So any suggestions whether i should get the whole set or a specific exam kracker scetion that will do good to me?

Thanks

I really like their verbal reasoning book so far. You can always buy those two books separately (VR theory and 101 passages). I'm in a similar situation to yours but my score was a bit lower. Last year I used Kaplan only but this year I also bought the examkrackers and using these mainly (Kaplan only if there is a section I didn't understand completely with Examkrackers).

They're good if you have a background in what you're studying... but if you have no background in a subject (Orgo for example) then I wouldn't reccommend Exam Krackers. The good news is that you can get the books separately... so you can get only what you need.

I'm using them right now and I really like their Chem, Bio, VR, and Physics... but since I've never taken Organic Chem, I find that that book is way too "scratch the surface", if you know what I mean... and I'm studying a first year textbook for that section.

They're good if you have a background in what you're studying... but if you have no background in a subject (Orgo for example) then I wouldn't reccommend Exam Krackers. The good news is that you can get the books separately... so you can get only what you need.

I'm using them right now and I really like their Chem, Bio, VR, and Physics... but since I've never taken Organic Chem, I find that that book is way too "scratch the surface", if you know what I mean... and I'm studying a first year textbook for that section.

I think EK org chem is more than enough...

The MCAT has had very little org chem in recent years. And the handful of org questions they do ask will never require the depth of understanding presented in a textbook. IMO if you've never taken it you may be better off just memorizing the algorithms (if you see this, the answer is this) rather than trying to learn the theory from scratch.

Yeah, I agree that what Exam Krackers covers in ochem is sufficient... but without having a background in the subject I really cant wrap my head around it, so I definitely find that a textbook is neccessary to fill in the blanks.

I think EK org chem is more than enough...

The MCAT has had very little org chem in recent years. And the handful of org questions they do ask will never require the depth of understanding presented in a textbook. IMO if you've never taken it you may be better off just memorizing the algorithms (if you see this, the answer is this) rather than trying to learn the theory from scratch.

Okay...so you are saying that the EK is more realistic to what the mcat is like?

I am taking the princeton review, and my scores have been going down with each princeton practice test??? Anyone else, have that problem with the princeton course....I can no longer finish the VR section...ahh..

Sounds like EK is the way to go..

Archived