Premed 101 Forums

Top US Dental schools

I was wondering what you guys considered some of the top dental schools in the states that accept a decent number of canadian citizens...

At the moment I'm applying to USC, NYU, Boston, UPenn, Nebraska, Illinois

I was wondering what you guys considered some of the top dental schools in the states that accept a decent number of canadian citizens...

At the moment I'm applying to USC, NYU, Boston, UPenn, Nebraska, Illinois

Illinois doesn't even consider your application unless you have Permanent Residency of USA. And it depends on your stats. If you have high GPA don't apply at NYU, Boston, USC. You can apply at Detroit Mercy, Pacific, Buffalo, Nova. If you tell your GPA and DAT I think it would be better to guide.

Illinois doesn't even consider your application unless you have Permanent Residency of USA. And it depends on your stats. If you have high GPA don't apply at NYU, Boston, USC. You can apply at Detroit Mercy, Pacific, Buffalo, Nova. If you tell your GPA and DAT I think it would be better to guide.

I'm not sure of my gpa in terms of a 4.0 scale... but its 79%.. which my guess is about 3.5-3.6

My dat scores aren't very good....

rcomp 20

bio 17

chem 15

ts 16

aa 17

pat 21

carving 22

I'm not sure of my gpa in terms of a 4.0 scale... but its 79%.. which my guess is about 3.5-3.6

rcomp 20

bio 17

chem 15

ts 16

aa 17

pat 21

carving 22

I think you can apply at NYU, Detroit Mercy, Nova, USC, BU, Case, UPenn, Buffalo. For Indiana your GPA is good but I believe they have min DAT of 17 in AA and TS though your PAT is good. Same is the case with Pacific. They want high DAT scores. You have PAT in their average and your GPA is above their average but your TS and AA is below their average. But if you want you can give it a try as they put more stress on PAT. I dont know about Maryland's DAT averages but your GPA is on their average scale and they are very Canadian friendly and its one of the best University in USA. If anyone else can add anything please feel free to do so.

I wouldn't apply to Buffalo in your case.. your stats are decent for some American schools, but since Buffalo is a state school they only accept 3-4 international students (out of a class of 86) and those they do accept have very high stats (both GPA and DAT).

rcomp 20

bio 17

chem 15

ts 16

aa 17

pat 21

carving 22

if i were you, i would do the DAT again...16 TS is low...

i say retry the DAT for sure

i know that Case and Detroit Mercy wont even look at you if you have a TS score below 17

but you have a good shot at USC, NYU, and Nova

what about Western, the new dental school? im not sure if they take internationals, but you should look into it

i say retry the DAT for sure

i know that Case and Detroit Mercy wont even look at you if you have a TS score below 17

but you have a good shot at USC, NYU, and Nova

what about Western, the new dental school? im not sure if they take internationals, but you should look into it

I have got ADEA book and it says Western will take international applicants but they won't accept Canadian DAT.

Archived