Premed 101 Forums

U of S MMI help

Hello

I was a U of S applicant who was rejected because I did interview really bad. The thing is I thought I did ok.

I wish I can get some kind of feedback on how I did from the school but.... :(

Can anyone share their approaches and answers?:

I phoned them and that's what they said.

I was too shocked to ask why.... but I get a feeling that they are not going to give any feedback anyway.

For those who had U of S interview, I remember points of some question. it will be great if you guys give me some insight.

1) About Class size

2) About giving preference to those who are willing to work in Northern Canada

3) About needle sharing

4) About child abuse

5) About Diabetic patients who wish to choose healing on prayer method

6) About mendatory organ transplant

7) About saving 3 people from list of 10 people with different profession, gender and age

8) About Drug company who treats unfairly to their developing country workers.

I can't remember there were 8 or 9 but these are all I can think of right now.

Hi, I would still call and ask for an explanation. This type of interview style is more about the way you communicate your ideas and back them up than it is about having correct or incorrect answer responses (there are no correct answers). I go to a university that has been using MMI for a long time for their Med School admissions and thats what all the successful applicants have told me.

I know this answer probably doesn't really help you that much!!

jdent

What I did was talked about the both sides of the argument (the positives and negatives) and then at the end took a stance.

For example: Class size

Large classes: Positive/Negative

Small classes: Positive/Negative

I think small classes are more beneficial because....

You just want to have structure to your argument and show them that you can understand all possible avenues.

If you are IP Sask I recommend applying for medicine and going through all the practise MMI's and the real MMI for the med class. This will give you a great advantage when you do take the dental MMI with other students who have not had any practise. I did that this year and it worked out well.

Archived