Premed 101 Forums

When is the first day of class of U of M dentistry?

ya.. it's 2 weeks of compulsory attendance. if u don't show up on the 17th, they will call someone to take ur spot!!! There will be parties, getting to know the school, instructors and so on... I believe some classes start during the orientation weeks as well....

Student loan is same as undergrad. Though, if u need extra money, u can ask for the bank loans. I suggest u wait till orientation weeks are over. coz banks will come to school to talk to you guys about it. And tuition isn't due until Sept.

Dont' think there's class on the first day of school. But you need to be there on time. Otherwise you will lose ur spot and will have to reapply nx year. First day is just getting to know your classmates, get your email account set up, get your photo taken, tour of the school, getting to know your 2nd yr buddies. and clubbing at nite.

Then the nx few days you'll get your "textbooks" (all our books are in Vitalsource software), dental kits. and some classes. will have white coat ceremony, CDA dinner... you will start drilling on either 2nd or 3rd week of class. In UM, you get lots of practical stuff!! And we don't have classes with med, so you don't waste time learning about your feet.

And I must stress that you have to be there for orientation!!! Skipping is not an option (you can skip the parties at nite, but not the classes). Like I said, everybody knows each other. Instructors know who's skipping classes and you can get in trouble for that.

Dont' think there's class on the first day of school. But you need to be there on time. Otherwise you will lose ur spot and will have to reapply nx year. First day is just getting to know your classmates, get your email account set up, get your photo taken, tour of the school, getting to know your 2nd yr buddies. and clubbing at nite.

Then the nx few days you'll get your "textbooks" (all our books are in Vitalsource software), dental kits. and some classes. will have white coat ceremony, CDA dinner... you will start drilling on either 2nd or 3rd week of class. In UM, you get lots of practical stuff!! And we don't have classes with med, so you don't waste time learning about your feet.

And I must stress that you have to be there for orientation!!! Skipping is not an option (you can skip the parties at nite, but not the classes). Like I said, everybody knows each other. Instructors know who's skipping classes and you can get in trouble for that.

Thanks bbqfish, it helps a lot.:)

Archived