Premed 101 Forums

Change my MCAT date??

Predent2301

Hey I'm scheduled to write the MCAT on Aug. 14 but I don’t think I'm gonna be ready, with all the preparation that still needs to be done. I started thinking maybe I should move my date (if its available) to later in Aug. or early Sep.

Just wondering if anyone else has this overwhelming feeling that I'm going through right now. I just cant seem to catch up with me MCAT class material. Has anyone, who wrote the MCAT in the past, done this before?

Hey I'm scheduled to write the MCAT on Aug. 14 but I don’t think I'm gonna be ready, with all the preparation that still needs to be done. I started thinking maybe I should move my date (if its available) to later in Aug. or early Sep.

Just wondering if anyone else has this overwhelming feeling that I'm going through right now. I just cant seem to catch up with me MCAT class material. Has anyone, who wrote the MCAT in the past, done this before?

Pretty common feeling, people move their dates all the time for a variety of reasons - I did so I could take it closer to home (as opposed to going to the US :)).

Only draw back is you won't get your scores back on time to know if you hit the expected cut offs. You might lose a bit of money applying to schools in hindsight you would know wouldn't accept you. Personally I think that is a small price to pay compared to being more prepared :)

I changed my date from July 30th to Aug 14th recently due to not feeling ready.

It's not a big deal, happens all the time. Half the key to this exam, in my opinion, is having the self-confidence in yourself to write the test. Without that, all the knowledge in the world won't be super helpful.

Push it back if you want, make sure you can still get your scores if you are applying this year, and take a bit of a breather.

I changed my date from July 30th to Aug 14th recently due to not feeling ready.

It's not a big deal, happens all the time. Half the key to this exam, in my opinion, is having the self-confidence in yourself to write the test. Without that, all the knowledge in the world won't be super helpful.

Push it back if you want, make sure you can still get your scores if you are applying this year, and take a bit of a breather.

I think any date this year is accepted for application in october.... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived