Premed 101 Forums

enough time to study

Umei

Hey Guys, I have a test booked for aug 21. I had planned to start studying in June but due to the job I couldn't. Do you guys think if I start now, I will have enough time to prepare?

Thnks

What is your background? Some people study for a month, others for a year, just depends on what level you are already at. Have you ever done it before?

I just finished 2nd yr. I have taken pre-med courses like bio, physics, orgo chem and stuff. This will be my first time writing the test. I just don't want to have to write it again. I got myself EK books 2day which should be enough, rite?

I just finished 2nd yr. I have taken pre-med courses like bio, physics, orgo chem and stuff. This will be my first time writing the test. I just don't want to have to write it again. I got myself EK books 2day which should be enough, rite?

You will only know when you get back the MCAT results. Remember the motto of the Boy Scouts, "Be Prepared!"

I'm writing on Aug. 25 and I haven't started studying either! I, too, just bought the EK the other day and am hoping the next six weeks should be sufficient, given that we both just finished second year.

I'm glad I found somene else who hasn't started - I was getting REALLY worried reading through these forums haha.

Oh, also, I'll be working part-time (about 12 hours/week), but from what I've been hearing, it just takes perseverance to study hard. There are definitely enough hours in a day to do everything and enjoy the summer.

I'm writing on Aug. 25 and I haven't started studying either! I, too, just bought the EK the other day and am hoping the next six weeks should be sufficient, given that we both just finished second year.

I'm glad I found somene else who hasn't started - I was getting REALLY worried reading through these forums haha.

Oh, also, I'll be working part-time (about 12 hours/week), but from what I've been hearing, it just takes perseverance to study hard. There are definitely enough hours in a day to do everything and enjoy the summer.

I love your optimism!

I wish you both all the best :)

I'm in the same boat!... Originally I was going to write it in September, I wasn't planning on applying until next year except for McMaster. Since I found out that McMaster requires the VR section as of this year, I better get on it.

Good luck to you both!

I wrote for the second time on May 28th. I started seriously studying on May 15th (after I found out I got rejected :)). What I mean by "seriously" is I read most of the Kaplan book front to back in 10 days. Then I did 5 VR passages for practice on day 11. And on day 12, I did 2 practice tests from AAMC. That netted me a 36R.

Last year I wrote on Sept.12th. I came back to Canada on Sept.1st and read a PR book until like 1 day before the test. Then I did the free AAMC test (3R). Ended up with a score of 31Q, but 8 on the VR.

Bottom line is its not how many days/months you study, its how hard you study. And it helps if you took courses that gave you all the background you need for the MCAT (like I did in my first 2 years).

Good luck!

Archived