Premed 101 Forums

where to take courses..

Help needed...I need a few courses, physics, another biochem, english, genetics to apply to American schools...this will be a 5th year...

Am registered at U of T, but am thinking of taking a couple of the courses at Ryerson or Athab.......

Do you think, it will be too confusing being enrolled in more than one school.

Has anyone been accepted to an American school with prereq's taken from distance ed courses?

Any advice is appreciated....got to select my courses for u of t tommorrow...

thanks

I could be wrong, but this might depend on whether you’re doing this JUST for prereqs, or if you want to bump your GPA, since some schools will need you to have done a ‘full time’ year for it to count toward your GPA. So, if you’re taking courses from different schools, they’ll count as meeting the pre-reqs, but not toward your GPA.

As for where you study: they’re smart people, and they’ll figure it out! :P

Seriously, though, it shouldn’t be a problem. People take courses all over, and unless you’re completing a degree from a dozen schools for no obvious reason, I doubt they’ll care.

Thanks..clear now..will take all courses of U of T.

I am just taking them for prereq's....I am lucky, in that my last two years gpa is 3.85.....so I do not really want these courses to affect that.

Just nervous that I will not get into a Canadian school, so decided I should get the US prereq's.

Again thank you

Archived