Premed 101 Forums

Bird Courses for UofT (St. Geogre Campus)

that really depends on you: english courses and anthrolpology/religion courses were always easy for me, but writing essays is my area of strength. for others, english was the worst. so really, no one can answer this for you...

also, remember that courses that seem easy usually have a series of 'checks' in place to make sure that they're not below a university level... so Spanish 101? Seems easy ("yo soy, tu eres...")... but is often really hard. For example, despite English being my strongest area, the worst mark of my ENTIRE undergrad was an elective: Introduction to Children's Literature. KILLED ME.

so, what was your best class in highschool? take that.

CSB332 (neurobiology of the synapse) as LONG as you've already done a basic human physiology course that covers how synapses work. it's a lot of memorization of diagrams but terminology is easy and the notes are very easy to read. It was one of my highest bio grades at UofT / UTM. Of course, plenty of people didn't do that well, but I assume they didn't take the course seriously enough, or they're just bad with application and / or diagrams. By the way the course was LOADED with desperate pre-meds.

Hi guys,

Any recommendations for bird courses at UTSG? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

bird courses don't exist at ut. Any course with a good instructor and decent marking scheme will allow you to do well if you work hard. What prog are you in?

hey.. Just as stated above, there's no such thing as a bird course at U of T. However, I tend to think that better courses are those with "B" class average.

AST251 offered in the winter term is a good course.

20% of the final mark comes from clickers.. so it helps alot.

And it had a "B" class average so it's good.

yeah.. I recommend AST251H1 by Rucinski

• 1 month later...

For me, I get the best marks in the courses that really interest me.

PSL302 has been my highest mark at U of T, which shows you that having motivation to study the course material is the biggest factor indicating whether you will do well in the course. PSL302, BCH210, and HMB320 (neuroanatomy) were courses that I loved so I enjoyed studying the material and was thorougly engaged in lectures and thus I did very well.

That said, if you are just looking to balance out some tougher courses in your schedule, I guess you would be looking for a course that has a low workload and is relatively easy to do well in.

Some courses I'd recommend:

CSB332H

ANT253H (as long as Danesi is still teaching)

CLA201H (strictly memorization, so if you can put the time in to memorize words you can do very well. my only warning is that this course is excruciatingly boring and it's very hard to motivate yourself to memorize lists of words...)

CSB351Y (this course isn't completely birdy, but it is all MC and mainly just memorization so if you're good at memorization it's pretty easy to do well)

Archived