Premed 101 Forums

Is it true?

I heard that if you don't take a full semester, med schools don't consider your marks from that semester?

Full, as in if you were able to fit at most 5.0 credits in a year to accumulate up to 20 credits in your 4 year undergrad career, then you'd HAVE TO HAVE 5.0 credits worth of courses in that year for your marks to count towards your GPA?

I find this kind of unfair. Anybody else agree?

But is it true? I live in the poor province of Ontario.

I heard that if you don't take a full semester, med schools don't consider your marks from that semester?

Full, as in if you were able to fit at most 5.0 credits in a year to accumulate up to 20 credits in your 4 year undergrad career, then you'd HAVE TO HAVE 5.0 credits worth of courses in that year for your marks to count towards your GPA?

No that's not true.

It is the case that some schools don't consider years that aren't full-time, whereas other schools don't say anything about the matter. Each school is different, and it is definitely worthwhile looking into each school's policy regarding full-time studies and how it could help/hinder you.

Good luck!

The unemployement rate is even better in Quebec province than Ontario. Their best industry is having big problems and maybe their debt is in the 2 numbers for the billons... They even pay over 200 millions to try to attract a Quebec industry (computer games).

There are a number of schools that I cannot apply to because I attended one semester as a PT student (shame on me, pro-creating and all, eh? Lol). Some schools won't look at summer courses either--I make a point of proving that MUN has a third semester and that I take fully accredited 14wk courses and not intermissions.

They want to ensure you can pull off a full work load.

Archived