Premed 101 Forums

Sexiness?

Can't say this is really true as far as I can tell. The hottest staff I've met was a psychiatrist, and she made some of clinical sessions very nice indeed. And the cutest resident I've seen/met was probably one in gen surg. Possibly ENT. Not plastics so much though.

From what I can tell EM has the hottest residents. A lot of the hotties in my class also want to get into EM.

So I guess this supports the OP.

but are they doing CFPC(EM) which is a much easier route? also, you can argue that the lifestyle of EM isn't that desirable.

i don't think we can reject the null-hypothesis. there are hot chicks everywhere.

and, seriously, boys, bust out your cell phone cameras get some pictures posted for the love of hot chicks.

This thread is useless without pics. lol.

Honestly though, looks matter a lot when it comes to getting top notch positions. This is true for any profession.

As for those sexy people you mention who are in not-so-competitive residencies - I bet you they all obtained their first choice in location.

I would love to see a study of this. Its so unPC that nobody would even think about doing it!

Very, very sadly I've read a study that states beautiful children are attended to and cared for (in general) better than "ugly" ones. Would love to see how the study was objectively defining beautiful and ugly children--LOL.

Well groomed, well poised (I guess deportment all around?) people definitely get further than some sloppy, low-confident person. Sexiness can be either defined through simply-physical beauty or how one "holds themselves". Both helps a whole lot.

Funny you mention that, since that's one of the things that inspired me to start this thread up.

And we've all seen ugly babies before. There's even an episode of Seinfeld dedicated to it.

Don't tell the mother if she has one of the "ugly" ones. I saw that episode--hilarious. Still...it's difficult to "define" beauty.

Very, very sadly I've read a study that states beautiful children are attended to and cared for (in general) better than "ugly" ones. Would love to see how the study was objectively defining beautiful and ugly children--LOL.

Well groomed, well poised (I guess deportment all around?) people definitely get further than some sloppy, low-confident person. Sexiness can be either defined through simply-physical beauty or how one "holds themselves". Both helps a whole lot.

I remember reading a study where they objectively defined beauty by measuring the symmetry of people's faces. Apparently human beings subconsciously measure beauty by looking for symmetry....so things like spacing between eyes and the nose, size of the mouth in proportion to the face, etc.

I remember reading a study where they objectively defined beauty by measuring the symmetry of people's faces. Apparently human beings subconsciously measure beauty by looking for symmetry....so things like spacing between eyes and the nose, size of the mouth in proportion to the face, etc.

Interesting...and seemingly true enough.

but are they doing CFPC(EM) which is a much easier route? also, you can argue that the lifestyle of EM isn't that desirable.

i don't think we can reject the null-hypothesis. there are hot chicks everywhere.

and, seriously, boys, bust out your cell phone cameras get some pictures posted for the love of hot chicks.

I'm in the US, so the CCFP vs. FRCP thing doesn't come into play.

The nursing students however...:D

Archived