Premed 101 Forums

Application GPA question

I have a question for filling out the application and calculating the OMSAS GPA. I am entering my 4th year so my grades for only the fall and winter semesters of each of the first three years are input right? Are summer courses supposed to be inteserted anywhere here. Also, if I retook a class during the summer that I originally took during the fall semester, which grade do I input for the omsas gpa? Thanks in advance

I have a question for filling out the application and calculating the OMSAS GPA. I am entering my 4th year so my grades for only the fall and winter semesters of each of the first three years are input right? Are summer courses supposed to be inteserted anywhere here. Also, if I retook a class during the summer that I originally took during the fall semester, which grade do I input for the omsas gpa? Thanks in advance

You need to add all the courses regardless of when you took them. The individual schools will extract the courses from the terms they consider. Some only take the fall and winter, some take them all. Even if you are only applying to the ones that take the fall and winter courses only you still must include every course you took at the university level. OMSAS will confirm this when you submit your application.

Hope that helps!

Hey rm, I have a question for you.

I remember you mentioned some of your years you took more than 5 courses in a semester. For your uwo app did they send you like a letter or an e-mail that said what you're new calculated GPA was according to their criteria (i.e. only taking the best 5 courses)

Thanks dude,

Hey rm, I have a question for you.

I remember you mentioned some of your years you took more than 5 courses in a semester. For your uwo app did they send you like a letter or an e-mail that said what you're new calculated GPA was according to their criteria (i.e. only taking the best 5 courses)

Thanks dude,

No they just do in automatically without notification really - and if they did I should have received something as I do usually 7 courses a term. Guess they are not that big on verification notifications :) I hear toronto does the same really(?) no direct notification of their modified GPA.

You need to add all the courses regardless of when you took them. The individual schools will extract the courses from the terms they consider. Some only take the fall and winter, some take them all. Even if you are only applying to the ones that take the fall and winter courses only you still must include every course you took at the university level. OMSAS will confirm this when you submit your application.

Hope that helps!

So how do we enter summer courses, do we just click "Add Year Details" and add another semester in the given year that we took the summer session?

Thanks in advance

Archived