Premed 101 Forums

MOTP Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of these damn waiting games! It was enough to wait to hear about med school. However, if someone has already heard that they were accepted, I guess they've made the decisions and they've let the CFRCs know about it. Medgoal, were you contacted by the recruiting office you went through, or directly from someone in Ottawa?

The file manager from Cfrc Hamilton called this afternoon

Dammit, I'm waiting on the slow folks at CFRC Quebec City. They've usually been pretty good (I had to rush to get my app in in time pretty quickly in the last couple of weeks). I hope it's not a bad sign that I haven't heard yet...

I talked to Maj. Gagnon on the Wednesday just before selection, and he told me had only 15 or 16 applications for the 10 spots, and that they`d figure it out Friday and let the CFRCs know the following Monday. I wonder why they`re taking so long to get the information out. I mean, I know they`re federal gov`t, but still!

I thought it was around 30 applications? That is the information I received.

Yeah that's what I read on here. Major Gagnon is on the selection board I believe, and thats what he said on Wednesday July 8th. Made it sound pretty good, but I wonder how many applicants are reservists and others with military experience that makes my short stint with cadets look like nothing...

Still no news and it's driving me nuts. I rode past the recruitment centre today on the bus, cell phone in hand, wanting to go bug them about it. They were so quick to get everything done up until the application was finished. I don't like waiting :(

I too am anxious. Good to hear that it might be less applicants. However, as time passes my optimism is starting to diminish, LOL.

However, I guess its still possible.

Yeah, i called my recruiting center and they ahd no new information as of now.

I too am anxious. Good to hear that it might be less applicants. However, as time passes my optimism is starting to diminish, LOL.

However, I guess its still possible.

Yeah, i called my recruiting center and they ahd no new information as of now.

Ah well thats interesting. At least its possible that the CFRC isn't screwing me around :D The one thing is our one friend who has heard on here is a reservist, and maybe heard early because of connections and such? Is anyone else here in the reserves/already in the military?

hey guys,

I called Capt. Johnston this morning because I was wondering if I might have missed a phone call (since I'm in South Korea right now and don't have my phone with me).

She said that the selection committee actually met on Monday and all the offers have not gone out yet. She said that they're "getting their act together right now"

and yeah, she initially told me that there were 30 applicants for 10 spots but she told me this morning that there are 23 applicants...maybe 7 dropped out?

hey guys,

I called Capt. Johnston this morning because I was wondering if I might have missed a phone call (since I'm in South Korea right now and don't have my phone with me).

She said that the selection committee actually met on Monday and all the offers have not gone out yet. She said that they're "getting their act together right now"

and yeah, she initially told me that there were 30 applicants for 10 spots but she told me this morning that there are 23 applicants...maybe 7 dropped out?

Interesting update! Thanks for making the call (I've been humming and hawwing about calling, and I have friends and a very stress-able girlfriend telling me to call). Yeah, who the hell knows about these applicants now! But 23 is better than 30! (But last time I checked my tables, 23 is worse than 16 :( )

Hang in there guys! Hopefully you will all hear very soon :D The year I applied, I found out the first day of Orientation week :rolleyes: so as slow as it feels, it could be worse!

Keeping my fingers crossed for those of you who haven't heard.

Congrats medgoal! If you have any questions about the program, feel free to PM me.

Katdb

LOL, be realistic guys, there are a bunch of you waiting to hear, and only 2 who seem to know anything for sure, one of whom was waitlisted. Unless the other 9 spots went to people who have never heard of PM101 or aren't friends with you or anyone you know, the most likely reason for the silence is that THE CF JUST DOESN'T KNOW YET!

Patience, young padawans :P. And more importantly, good luck.

well, I ahve been waitlisted, high ranking so yeah so close but NO!! so i ahve to WAIT to see if someone declines. Now iknow how some of the waitlisters for med felt. :mad:

Yup, that about sums it up. And the bitsh is that if I do get in off the waitlist, I'm not eligible to apply for MOTP until next year, since I missed the deadline for this one.

I wouldn't sweat it too much guys. I thought the military was very organized about administration until I joined! For example. they told us last week we definitely would not be moving this year. Yesterday they told us we may have to move to Ottawa (we're on the East coast) in two weeks, we find out for "sure" tomorrow. Awesome. :rolleyes: Better get used to a life of uncertainty!

Here's something interesting to consider. I was offered a position today which I'm going to accept, and they off-handedly mentioned that there is no longer a $40,000 signing bonus as of July 1st, so while you're still reimbursed for your education and you are paid as an officer, they no longer give the signing bonus (which no one told me about during my application before today). Did you other current applicants know this?

It was a bit surprising to hear today, but I plan on accepting anyway.

Archived