Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers

I'm pretty confused about the "verifier" section of the OMSAS application. They say that we could put down one verifier for multiple activities, but how many is too many? What if someone just put down one verifier for all 48 activities? :P

By the way, do we have to enter the "hours per week" for each activity like they tell us to, can I just write something like "300 (total)"?

Thanks in advance!

By the way, do we have to enter the "hours per week" for each activity like they tell us to, can I just write something like "300 (total)"?

If I couldn't accurately figure out "#hours/week", I'd enter "#hours/MONTH".

Also, for the number of verifiers, there is no rule. Just use your best judgement and spread things out.

Thanks for the response Adam

Yes I just feel like the whole thing's such a needless hassel. I mean, ofcourse verifiers are needed, but why would the schools want the verifiers' address for? Also, OMSAS require us to put down phone numbers and not emails, and I think a lot of professors cannot be contacted via phone that easily these days (they don't stay all that much in their offices).

btw if your only applying to mac you don't need to put in verifiers for the 48 list.

and yeah totally agree with the e-mail thing, it's 2010 here.

I suppose if you were really cunning you could fake a bunch of e-mails, but I don't think that would happen.

btw if your only applying to mac you don't need to put in verifiers for the 48 list.

and yeah totally agree with the e-mail thing, it's 2010 here.

I suppose if you were really cunning you could fake a bunch of e-mails, but I don't think that would happen.

I guess they are just trying to put some sort of a safe guard on things. I am really not sure

You know I don't think any of my verifiers were even called (which I guess is just dumb random luck). Made the entire verification thing feel a bit pointless :)

Sorry for asking, but do I have to get the address of all my verifiers as well? I don't really feel comfortable asking the home address of my co-workers, former bosses, club presidents, classmates, etc, etc.

UGH!!

Archived