Premed 101 Forums

Credit/No Credit (i.e. Pass/Fail)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find what I wanted.

I know if I take a credit as CR/NCR it counts as part of my workload, but not towards my GPA. So I can use it and still maintain a full courseload.

How does this work in combo with UT WGPA? Will they consider the credit that is pass/fail as one of the lowest marks and drop it, or will that be excluded? Also, can this year be used as one of the Western best 2?

If I decide to take English as CR/NCR, do I still meet the pre-reqs for UBC, UofA and all that jazz? Or is it necessary to have a mark attached.

Hope I can find the answer here, or I guess I'll be calling all the schools. Thanks

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find what I wanted.

I know if I take a credit as CR/NCR it counts as part of my workload, but not towards my GPA. So I can use it and still maintain a full courseload.

How does this work in combo with UT WGPA? Will they consider the credit that is pass/fail as one of the lowest marks and drop it, or will that be excluded? Also, can this year be used as one of the Western best 2?

If I decide to take English as CR/NCR, do I still meet the pre-reqs for UBC, UofA and all that jazz? Or is it necessary to have a mark attached.

Hope I can find the answer here, or I guess I'll be calling all the schools. Thanks

I think you might have to ask the schools. Each school looks at things like this slightly different, as each undergrad school's policies are slightly different as well.

At my undergrad school, I had a scholarship that I needed to keep a full course load for. But if I took a pass/fail course, it wouldnt count as a full course load.

A recent post indicated that your CR/NCR course at U of T would be the first course dropped using their policy. It would effectively then be considered your lowest mark. If you are not particularly skilled at english perhaps it would be anyway, so the net result is the same :)

i can tell you for sure that you can count it as one of your 2 years at western-i was petitioning to get a class changed to the CR/NCR and figured i better call western before i went ahead with it, and they told me it was fine up to one full credit (which is all U of T allows you to do each year anyways)

let us know what the school say.

• 1 month later...
A recent post indicated that your CR/NCR course at U of T would be the first course dropped using their policy. It would effectively then be considered your lowest mark. If you are not particularly skilled at english perhaps it would be anyway, so the net result is the same :)

Didn't bother, this makes sense.

Archived