Premed 101 Forums

Phone Call

Guest Mark

Hi there

I am on the U of T waitlist, and I just got a call from home saying there's a message on the machine I might want to hear. It was Bill Gregg from U of T and he told me to call him before 4, and if not to call Leslie Taylor on Monday because at 4 he is leaving on vacation. He then said something along the lines of... 'If I don't talk to you today, then have a great weekend, and if I do talk to you today than I know you will.''

Thing is, I got this message now (5:45 p.m.), and I can't dial long distance from here (work) anyways, so I guess I'll be waiting till Monday. I'm taking this is good news, but I have no idea if it's what I think it is until I at least talk to someone at admissions.

Did anyone else get a call like this or may know what its about?

Any help would be cool

Guest BrainDrain

Those people at UofT admissions are so messed up man. When are they gonna stop playing games and be professional about things. If it were an acceptance, would it be so much trouble for them to tell you straight instead of these guessing games?

Anyways, it sounds like good news, I guess...

BrainDrain

U.S. outtahere.gif Canada

Guest cheech10

Relax, you know it's an acceptance, he pretty much said so, and it sounds similar to what others of us heard who got in off the waitlist. They don't say it outright because they want to deliver it personally, make sure it's you, etc. I doubt many school would leave a message on the answering machine saying you got accepted outright. So, take his advice, and have a GREAT weekend.

Well, the outcome was that i got in.

I'm super stoked and looking forward to starting this september.

good luck to everyone else on the waitlist.

Guest hopeful

Congratulations Mark! You must be very excited! BTW, do you happen to be the same Mark who posted messages under the McGill forum regarding OOP waiting list? Anyway, I hope I'll get a phone call (from McGill) and share your excitement! Once again, congratulations!

Archived