Premed 101 Forums

Reference letters - all from doctors?

I've been working in a hospital for the last 3 years, and work closely with a handful of physicians in my dept. At this point in my life/career, they seem like the most logical people to ask to provide a reference letter for me, and I know that each of them would provide a slightly different focus in their letter based on the capacity with which I work with them.

What do you guys think?

I've been working in a hospital for the last 3 years, and work closely with a handful of physicians in my dept. At this point in my life/career, they seem like the most logical people to ask to provide a reference letter for me, and I know that each of them would provide a slightly different focus in their letter based on the capacity with which I work with them.

What do you guys think?

Go for it. Many schools want at least one academic reference though.

Go for it. Many schools want at least one academic reference though.

Hi smilipie, I love your name, it makes me chuckle:p , I agree with Cnussey completely. If you do not have a "strong" academic reference b/c e.g. the prof does not know you well, then perhaps one doctor can especially focus on your academic strengths in addition to other attributes.

Archived