Premed 101 Forums

Sticky ethical question

w8kg6

Normally, when it comes to sex, nobody is coherent at that time.

What? I don't think this is true at all... If you're suggesting that most people are drunk or otherwise inebriated when they're having sex, I think you'd best guess again. Sure, it happens, but it's definitely not that common. I've only been drunk for less than 5% of the times I've had sex I'd say.

Consentual sex between consenting adults does constitue assault if one of the people has Aids and deliberately did not inform the sexual partner. People have died b/c of this.

Ok... relevance? We were discussing how coherence pertains to assault. When did AIDS come up?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am suggesting that sex is not an intellectual act, and coherence is not where it is at, it is an instinctive act that gives joy, I am c ertainly not suggesting one needs to be drunk or stoned. Aids was brought up to illustrate that there are sometime other factors involved beyond consenting adults, I don't think I was discussing coherance in relation to assault, but I ain't on the witness stand.

haha;) , the story of our lives in debate on this forum:p. Please carry on, I may just hide and watch as you take over:p (even though you tend to be invisible)

Invisible? Is that an analogy of me never being there for you when you need me most? :rolleyes:

To be honest, I just feel bad for your current boy_friend because he doesn't know about your future_plans to trade him for an old geezer. But hey, whatever works for you. Love is love is love. I currently have "You belong to me" playing... so i'm kind of in.. the mood. >.>

Invisible? Is that an analogy of me never being there for you when you need me most? :rolleyes:

To be honest, I just feel bad for your current boy_friend because he doesn't know about your future_plans to trade him for an old geezer. But hey, whatever works for you. Love is love is love. I currently have "You belong to me" playing... so i'm kind of in.. the mood. >.>

No, just that one cannot know if you are on the site by checking who is on. Did I tell you that I love someone or am in love, I don't think so. Nothing lasts forever starting with h.s. and then UG, even med school is just 3 or 4 years, we go through different stages in life. In one or two years, I can be at U/C, Dal, UBC, really anywhere, med school and my career are my priority so I can be of service to others, not to a man in my life, but to patients. Yes, eventually, when I shall have completed my formal medical training, say in perhaps another 10 years or so, I consider a a lifetime commitment, now life is one year at a time and any of us who says this is the one for me at a very young age, knowing we can be anywhere in Canada and cannot even afford candy, would be foolish to make a lifetime commitment with another young person who may have entirely different goals. Moreover, if ehappens to be there in 10 years, then he will be an older man;) then, perhaps the geezer to whom you were referring. Generally, there is better compatibility if there is an age gap between a couple. For now, I live in the moment.:P

No, just that one cannot know if you are on the site by checking who is on. Did I tell you that I love someone or am in love, I don't think so. Nothing lasts forever starting with h.s. and then UG, even med school is just 3 or 4 years, we go through different stages in life. In one or two years, I can be at U/C, Dal, UBC, really anywhere, med school and my career are my priority so I can be of service to others, not to a man in my life, but to patients. Yes, eventually, when I shall have completed my formal medical training, say in perhaps another 10 years or so, I consider a a lifetime commitment, now life is one year at a time and any of us who says this is the one for me at a very young age, knowing we can be anywhere in Canada and cannot even afford candy, would be foolish to make a lifetime commitment with another young person who may have entirely different goals. Moreover, if ehappens to be there in 10 years, then he will be an older man;) then, perhaps the geezer to whom you were referring. Generally, there is better compatibility if there is an age gap between a couple. For now, I live in the moment.:P

Ouch... "Nothing lasts forever" was my breakup song this summer..

I wanted to believe in love before.. like actual true love. The things of books and movies. But I'm finding it too hard now..

lol.. I think you're probably right.. ^^

Focus on our careers, find someone in 10 years from now.. i mean heck.. it won't be too hard to score a trophy wife when you're making $300k a year. Haha.. my mom would like you.

I wanted to believe in love before.. like actual true love. The things of books and movies. But I'm finding it too hard now..

lol.. I think you're probably right.. ^^

Focus on our careers, find someone in 10 years from now.. i mean heck.. it won't be too hard to score a trophy wife when you're making $300k a year. Haha.. my mom would like you.

Oy vay, I am sure I would like your mom.:P

We each could probably love many many people, it is all about timing and where we are at, where we are coming from, the only true way to find love is to live our daily lives happily and love will find us when we are ready to receive it. Opportunity knocks and we can either pass or go for it and see where it leads. Seriously, my main priority and focus is preparing myself for the next stage, med school, doing the best I can in all departments and to always try to improve myself. A personal relationship at this stage is just gravy, provided the guy knows where he is on the priority list, otherwise it just isn't worth it.

So, love will find you so long as your fishing line is in the river with a little bait, relax, and there will be nibbles coming along. You will decide whom to throw back in the river and whom to keep.:P

We each could probably love many many people, it is all about timing and where we are at, where we are coming from, the only true way to find love is to live our daily lives happily and love will find us when we are ready to receive it. Opportunity knocks and we can either pass or go for it and see where it leads. Seriously, my main priority and focus is preparing myself for the next stage, med school, doing the best I can in all departments and to always try to improve myself. A personal relationship at this stage is just gravy, provided the guy knows where he is on the priority list, otherwise it just isn't worth it.

So, love will find you so long as your fishing line is in the river with a little bait, relax, and there will be nibbles coming along. You will decide whom to throw back in the river and whom to keep.:P

A+ :cool::D

sometimes i think i've made a huge mistake choosing the path i've chosen...and now i'm past the point of no return. so i want to be a trophy wife in my next life :D

We don't make mistakes although we do experience setbacks and discover late sometimes that we have just been on a detour, however, we learn from every journey and become stronger for every detour or hurdle put in our path. We also have the right and capacity to stop on a dime and change direction when we re-evaluate where we are. When we passed the point of no return, we carry on and fight the fight.

You and I can always become trophy wives for highly sucessful dentists or physicians who are able to afford us, by that I mean you and I separately or you and I together:p can find such a husband in what is called 'big love', I want Tues, Thurs and Sat and you have have Mon., Wed., Fri and Sunday. Rayven can hear our stories and enjoy.;)

We don't make mistakes although we do experience setbacks and discover late sometimes that we have just been on a detour, however, we learn from every journey and become stronger for every detour or hurdle put in our path. We also have the right and capacity to stop on a dime and change direction when we re-evaluate where we are. When we passed the point of no return, we carry on and fight the fight.

You and I can always become trophy wives for highly sucessful dentists or physicians who are able to afford us, by that I mean you and I separately or you and I together:p can find such a husband in what is called 'big love', I want Tues, Thurs and Sat and you have have Mon., Wed., Fri and Sunday. Rayven can hear our stories and enjoy.;)

ahahahhaa that is so awesome. i'm all for it..as long as u don't have STD's. :D also, i like continuity so i'd rather have him Mon, Tues, Wed...u can have him the rest of the week + weekends.

ahahahhaa that is so awesome. i'm all for it..as long as u don't have STD's. also, i like continuity so i'd rather have him Mon, Tues, Wed...u can have him the rest of the week + weekends.

Agreed, I am very flexible:) and you can drive The Law's BMW when you are not at home.:P We will create our own successes separately or together, and together sounds nicer.;) And I know of an excellent lawyer for the last stage.:P

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I'll have to decline, ladies. Something about two middle aged women trying to get a flaccid 70 year old geezer off that just doesn't appeal to me.

1.) that whole 'sleep rape' thing we were just talking about. F_d, you said you wanted to have sex while sleeping [yes, you actually said that] and then when we were like "omg really?" you were all "no, rape is criminal act, yada yada yada, AIDS."

That makes NO SENSE. you JUST SAID IT. I understand if it was only a joke

2.) A lot of people do just fine being in a long term relationship while they prepare for "the next step". It's not that difficult. If you have to spend 100% of your time focusing your efforts to just GET IN to medical school, without time for fun or chasing boys, imagine how tough it is going to be when you have a career.

A wise man once said a quote about medical applications that has always stuck with me: If getting in to medical school is the greatest accomplishment that you will ever make in your entire life, you don't deserve to be in medicine.

1.) that whole 'sleep rape' thing we were just talking about. F_d, you said you wanted to have sex while sleeping [yes, you actually said that] and then when we were like "omg really?" you were all "no, rape is criminal act, yada yada yada, AIDS."

That makes NO SENSE. you JUST SAID IT. I understand if it was only a joke

2.) A lot of people do just fine being in a long term relationship while they prepare for "the next step". It's not that difficult. If you have to spend 100% of your time focusing your efforts to just GET IN to medical school, without time for fun or chasing boys, imagine how tough it is going to be when you have a career.

A wise man once said a quote about medical applications that has always stuck with me: If getting in to medical school is the greatest accomplishment that you will ever make in your entire life, you don't deserve to be in medicine.

I cannot imagine sex being fun while sleeping so a jk is a jk. And if a man who enjoy the woman being unconscious while he is having sex, this is tanatmount to using rufies or he could be a necro... with dead people:eek:

There is definite wisdom in what you say really about putting one's life on hold b/c this could continue forever. I am only able to obtain top grades as a result of continuous incredible effort. I know others don't have this problem and can accomplish what I do with less effort. I truly enjoy the hard work, learning and applying my knoweldge with patients, which gives me hands on experience and skills I would not otherwise have. So, I apply 100% effort in my school work, assignments, the clinical work involved in my courses, in ballet (6-10 hours a week) where I have won provinical and nat'l awards for group and solo performances, in horse riding, in EMS (perhaps 18 hours/wk), and there is no time left for social life at this stage of my life. I enjoy every minute of it. It is what it is and my social life is just not a priority at this time in my life.

Getting into med school certainly won't be the greatest accomplishment in my life but it is pretty darn important, it will be the springboard to allow me to have great personal and professional accomplishments as a doctor for the rest of my life. I have never chased a guy in my life, my b/f knows where he stands on the list of my priorities, he is supportive and understanding of my priorities and if he wasn't, our relationship wouldn't be working. I don't need to see him every day, once a week is fine and the occasional cell phone call to lighten the day.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I'll have to decline, ladies. Something about two middle aged women .....

You just lost an opportunity of a lifetime;) lol, we sure ain't middle aged, in fact we are in our prime, but hey, we graciously accept your declination and I am sure you will find your own mischief w/o any problem.:P Just remember, combat comes after courtship or else there will be no courtship.:P

I cannot imagine sex being fun while sleeping so a jk is a jk. And if a man who enjoy the woman being unconscious while he is having sex, this is tanatmount to using rufies or he could be a necro... with dead people:eek:

There is definite wisdom in what you say really about putting one's life on hold b/c this could continue forever. I am only able to obtain top grades as a result of continuous incredible effort. I know others don't have this problem and can accomplish what I do with less effort. I truly enjoy the hard work, learning and applying my knoweldge with patients, which gives me hands on experience and skills I would not otherwise have. So, I apply 100% effort in muy school work, assignments, the clinical work involved in my courses, in ballet (6-10 hours a week) where I have won provinical and nat'l awards for group and solo performances, in horse riding, in EMS (perhaps 18 hours/wk), and there is no time left for social life at this stage of my life. I enjoy every minute of it. It is what it is and my social life is just a priority at this time in my life.

Getting into med school certainly won't be the greatest accomplishment in my life but it is pretty darn important, it will be the springboard to allow me to have great personal and professional accomplishments as a doctor for the rest of my life. I have never chased a guy in my life, my b/f knows where he stands on the list of my priorities, he is supportive and understanding of my priorities and if he wasn't, our relationship wouldn't be working. I don't need to see him every day, once a week is fine and the occasional cell phone call to lighten the day.

Lols, if you would have just said that was a joke way back it would have left people a lot less confused. I kinda figured you had to be joking with that knocked up while asleep comment.

And as for the being happy with the way things are / no time for social life. Not to Dr. Phil this up but I think the ~1300 posts you have suggest that you are, at the very least subconsciously looking for some social connections.

Archived