Premed 101 Forums

Sticky ethical question

w8kg6

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is the difference? seeing means u see, dating means u touch?? LOL :P

exactly, you got it, no touching:P

and if ever there were to be touching, if we played doctor, I am the future_doc. When I am sleeping, I am sleeping, so I hope nothing happens. I am saving myself for when I want to have babies. First, I want to get into med school:) , then I want to leave med school, then I want to specialize, (cannot afford to be a GP and would not enjoy it under present conditions) then I want to find someone older, who appreciates me, loves me and will provide me with security (a la Celine Dion), and then...maybe.....babies, but when I am sleeping.:P Then, I need your blessing. Is this a good plan?

Isn't it nice we can have this discussion on a hijacked thread.

and if ever there were to be touching, if we played doctor, I am the future_doc. When I am sleeping, I am sleeping, so I hope nothing happens. I am saving myself for when I want to have babies. First, I want to get into med school:) , then I want to leave med school, then I want to specialize, (cannot afford to be a GP and would not enjoy it under present conditions) then I want to find someone older, who appreciates me, loves me and will provide me with security (a la Celine Dion), and then...maybe.....babies, but when I am sleeping.:P Then, I need your blessing. Is this a good plan?

this is pretty much signature worthy.

So...you oppose sex jokes but you want to be raped in your sleep by a geezer?

So...you oppose sex jokes but you want to be raped in your sleep by a geezer?

Section 271 of Canadian Criminal Code:

Sexual Assault

271(1) Every one who commits a sexual assault is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or

(B) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

The Criminal Code definition of assault:

A person commits an assault when:

- w/o the consent of another person, a person applies force intentionally to another person, directly or indirectly;

- a person attempts or threatens, by act or gesture, to apply force to another person, if a person has present ability to effect their purpose; or causes that other person to believe, upon reasonable grounds, that they have present ability to effect their purpose;

- while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or imitation thereof, a person accosts or impedes another person or begs.

The definition of assault is used to define Sexual Assault b/c they are exactly the same except for the sexual part.

TRANSLATION: If while I was sleeping, I was sexually touched in any manner, as there is no possibility of consent, the police would pick up the perpetrator and throw him in jail. So, no geezer, young or old please or they woukld face the consequences.:)

Section 271 of Canadian Criminal Code:

Sexual Assault

271(1) Every one who commits a sexual assault is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or

(B) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

The Criminal Code definition of assault:

A person commits an assault when:

- w/o the consent of another person, a person applies force intentionally to another person, directly or indirectly;

- a person attempts or threatens, by act or gesture, to apply force to another person, if a person has present ability to effect their purpose; or causes that other person to believe, upon reasonable grounds, that they have present ability to effect their purpose;

- while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or imitation thereof, a person accosts or impedes another person or begs.

The definition of assault is used to define Sexual Assault b/c they are exactly the same except for the sexual part.

TRANSLATION: If while I was sleeping, I was sexually touched in any manner, as there is no possibility of consent, the police would pick up the perpetrator and throw him in jail. So, no geezer, young or old please or they woukld face the consequences.:)

You're the one who said only if you were asleep. If you're asleep, then you cannot consent...so you're a consenting to rape through you're statements...kinda not coherent.

You're the one who said only if you were asleep. If you're asleep, then you cannot consent...so you're a consenting to rape through you're statements...kinda not coherent.

By definition, you cannot give your consent, its an impossibility, when sleeping. Anyways, most females are not coherent 100% of the time:) , same is true with men.:P

By definition, you cannot give your consent, its an impossibility, when sleeping. Anyways, most females are not coherent 100% of the time:) , same is true with men.:P

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you taking the position that all forms of sex are assault, because we're not perpetually coherent?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you taking the position that all forms of sex are assault, because we're not perpetually coherent?

No, consentual sex between consenting adults can be great. Normally, when it comes to sex, nobody is coherent at that time. Consentual sex between consenting adults does constitue assault if one of the people has Aids and deliberately did not inform the sexual partner. People have died b/c of this.

No, consentual sex between consenting adults can be great. Normally, when it comes to sex, nobody is coherent at that time. Consentual sex between consenting adults does constitue assault if one of the people has Aids and deliberately did not inform the sexual partner. People have died b/c of this.

If you hadn't proclaimed yourself a virgin I would have thought you must have had some "bind-blowing" sex. Trust me, in the heat of the moment--even half-way through...it's still coherent, and there's still time to quit.

If you hadn't proclaimed yourself a virgin I would have thought you must have had some "bind-blowing" sex. Trust me, in the heat of the moment--even half-way through...it's still coherent, and there's still time to quit.

Okay, I will accept your word. Is there a reason why we are discussing this on a s t i c k y;) ethical question? This is an ethical issue and from what I have been told, its also sticky.:P:)

Archived