Premed 101 Forums

so, who is going into MCAR exam without buying aamc pratice tests?

p3t3r1

Just curious, who is going into MCAT exam without buying aamc pratice tests? I am doing myself since I don't feel like paying $2000 for the Kaplan course or paying $40 each those tests. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat, makes me feel better :P

Hehehe, big difference between a 2000 dollar course and 40 dollar test. Also one of those AAMC tests is actually free.....

9 x $40 = $360 in total for all tests only,still quite alot.

Yeah it isn't spare change for sure. I would still say there is a big difference between doing a few of them and doing none at all. I did the free test (can't think of a reason why you wouldn't do that one at least), and the two most recent ones (at the time that was 9 and 10(?) I believe). So it was 80 dollars. In terms of the expenses in preparing though I found that to the most valuable thing I could do with the money.

I do think thatonekid is right - this entire process is expensive but sometimes you just have to spend the money (which of course hurts). I don't want to talk about how much I dropped on trips to interviews :)

At the very least you don't want to be unfamilar with the user interface on test day. Particularly for the essay part. I did all my practise essays in that interface to make sure I was used to it.

Archived