Premed 101 Forums

WS variation

Angela

Yeah, but you have to remember that the practice essays are graded by course instructors, whereas the actual essays are graded by professionals who have read numerous essays and know exactly what essay deserves what thye of score. Also, they have a system in place where your 2 essays are graded by different people and there can't be more that 1 point (I believe)difference between the scores of the two essays. I wouldn't worry too much about score variation.

Yeah, but you have to remember that the practice essays are graded by course instructors, whereas the actual essays are graded by professionals who have read numerous essays and know exactly what essay deserves what thye of score. Also, they have a system in place where your 2 essays are graded by different people and there can't be more that 1 point (I believe)difference between the scores of the two essays. I wouldn't worry too much about score variation.

Yeah it is pretty consistent - this is peoples' full time jobs after all. Also the AMAC runs statistical analysis on everything. I am sure if a marker on average was harder/easier he or she would be dealt with in short order :)

Archived