Premed 101 Forums

Job - documentation to verify?

Would it be appropriate to present a T4 or a ROE (record of employment) in place of giving a former employer's contact information? I worked for a business last summer that has since closed down, and I have no idea where the manager (or any coworkers) might be nowadays.

Would it be appropriate to present a T4 or a ROE (record of employment) in place of giving a former employer's contact information? I worked for a business last summer that has since closed down, and I have no idea where the manager (or any coworkers) might be nowadays.

I would give as a reference somebody credible who knows you worked there, preferably not parents, but use them if necessary.

I would then write to each med school with your OMSAS ref no., attaching the T4/ROE explaining that you are proving these documents to verfiy your employment history b/c the former employer is no longer in business, you have no contact information regarding your then manager or coworkers. Tell them that your verifier has only third hand information from you re employment, i.e., they were contemporaneously aware of your then employment from you.

So, you cover the situation and can relax.:P Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
I would give as a reference somebody credible who knows you worked there, preferably not parents, but use them if necessary.

I would then write to each med school with your OMSAS ref no., attaching the T4/ROE explaining that you are proving these documents to verfiy your employment history b/c the former employer is no longer in business, you have no contact information regarding your then manager or coworkers. Tell them that your verifier has only third hand information from you re employment, i.e., they were contemporaneously aware of your then employment from you.

So, you cover the situation and can relax.:P Good luck.

Is this a common procedure? I actually have my former supervisor(for work)'s contact but he almost never picks up his phone during regular hours, I was thinking of doing both.

Archived