Premed 101 Forums

those living outside of Toronto

Guest AA

Guest Clipper

JD,

Still no reply from UT....looks like we'll have to wait till Wednesday.

Good luck....may the medschool gods smile upon us tomorrow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Champ

I can confirm that the figure 90% of grad applicants are accepted is incorrect. There are more that 400 graduate applicants, and that being the case, it would mean 360 acceptances!.....there are not enough spots and even with only 200 spots the number is more likely to be around 40% of the admitted class.

Graduate applicants are considered sepatarely to get an aggregate score, however, once this has been completed, they are put on the same "final ranking" list as undergrads.

Good luck to all...

IF you guys have not received your mail yet....there is no hope for me in England.!!

champ

I haven't received my mail for today yet, but judging from the posts so far it's not looking good. However, last year, according to the message board at forums.delphiforums.com/anandmed , there were people in the Toronto area receiving acceptances as late as June 5th, and people in BC and Nova Scotia as late as June 7th, so please don't give up just yet.

Guest mtws

June 5th mail arrived today (in Ottawa). Nothing from UofT.

Very frustrated. I feel like calling but I get the impression that it won't help. They won't give out information over the phone will they?

So, sad.

M

Guest stargirl

mtws,

i am in ottawa too...no mail for me either...almost ran after the mailman to beat him with my umbrella this morning for not only being LATE but also not bringing me news of ANY kind...

but fear not....i just emailed both bill gregg and leslie taylor with regards to the whole "were acceptances mailed out first?" issue....hopefully they will not lie to my face (so to speak, since it IS e-mail)....at this point i don't care either way (well, i do but i just want a freakin answer)....i will post as soon as i hear from them...

Guest PainfullyWaiting

They definitely did not mail out all the letters on May31. I received my waiting list letter today, and the postmark was from yesterday (June 4).

As to whether they mailed out acceptance first and then the rest, I cannot confirm... though judging from the other threads, this seems highly likely.

Guest natalie

hi everyone. i live in scarborough, and finally received a letter from U of T today. i was waitlisted. i think you're all right about this silly letter mailing conspiracy!

in any case, good luck to all those who are still waiting :) .

Guest stargirl

Natalie...what was the postmark on your letter? what did the letter say...i'm trying to figure out if they waitlist everyone or if there is a 'good waitlist' and a 'bad waitlist' like ottawa....

Guest tears

stargirl: we are in the same situation... i still haven't received anything from U of T and live near Ottawa. if i don't get anything tomorrow, i know i will be getting the rejection letter sometime in the near future for sure.

anyone who has info pls let us know whether there is a "good" and a "bad" waitlist. thanks so much!

Guest Asystole

Do you think that it is possible that all the decisions were not made by the 31st hence the delay? It seems like maybe they sent out acceptances to those who were in for sure (so they wouldn't get annoyed and accept somewhere else, see my rant on another thread) and maybe they still had to make the final call on the borderline candidates using a wheel of fortune or darts or whatever the process entails.

I know my hope grows a little more dim which each passing day and I am probably delusional by now from the mental strain but..

Well its a nice thought anyway...I guess a knack for conspiracy cuts both ways.

If anyone from U of T admissions is reading this and I'm sure they are not, lets spin that wheel or throw those darts!! :P

I would like to know something before next years application is due.

Guest natalie

hi stargirl,

the letter from u of t was postmarked june 4th. since i have some time on my hands (i got off work early today), i'll just type out what it said. excuse any typos please! :)

The Faculty of Medicine has now sent offers of admission to some applicants and refusal letters to others. Although we have made offers to all of the positions available in our class it is possible that a number of the students to whom we have offered admission may not accept. We have retained your application for further consideration should such vacancies arise.

We do not expect to make any further offers of admission until the third week of June. After that time offers will be made as places become available and this process will continue until our class has been filled. If you have moved please ensure that we have on file your new address and a telephone number (home and/or business) where you may be reached during business hours. Please send this information to us in writing.

I know that you are very anxious about the outcome of your application to medical school but at this time we cannot give you any further information about the status of your application. I can assure you that we will convey the final decision on your application as soon as we can.

Sincerely,

Does that sound hopeful at all to you?

Guest stargirl

hi natalie,

got the same letter today...do you think they are waitlisting all of us...it SAYS that they sent refusals to some but I haven't heard of anyone getting an outright refusal as of yet...if there is a real waitlist, do you have any idea how long it is?

Guest Puppy

Upon opening my mailbox today I was somewhat surprised to find... absolutely nothing from Toronto... the waiting is very distressing....

Guest meredith

I am not gonna lie....it makes me feel marginally better that there are two other albertans waiting to hear from U of T...still this waiting is all consuming....I am having trouble concentrating on anything else.

Archived