Premed 101 Forums

those living outside of Toronto

Guest AA

Guest natalie

hi stargirl,

yeah, the waitlist letter is a bummer...and it's been mentioned before that when you're on the waitlist, there's very little chance that you'll receive that magic call. but i do know someone (personally - he's not like a friend of my nextdoor neighbour's cousin) who was on the waitlist last year and got in to u of t. so there is hope. i just hate how this process is sooooo time consuming. when i went through it last year, i was waitlisted at ottawa and i felt like my life was in perpetual limbo. somehow, the admissions committees seem to forget that we have lives and would like to make plans for our future in the event that we are not accepted.

but i digress (can you tell that i'm bitter??). i hope you do receive that call. i've gotten into another school, so there's one person on the waitlist that you won't have to worry about :) .

best,

natalie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Fox Rox

I am another alberta resident. All you alberta people out there, I recieved a big fat nothing from U of T. I called home today aobut 15 times. I hate this, I think I just got elevated blood pressure, and I think I also popped an aneurysim in my head. I really dont want to put down my U of C deposit before finding out about U of T.

Have any prairie people (esp. alberta) heard from U of T. If I dont hear from U of T, I will call them every 10 minutes tomorrow. Show them what it is like to get annoyed. Dont care if it leads to my rejection - serves them right I would say.

Extremely annoyed

Guest utapp

I'm in Waterloo and I haven't heard nothing either...my friend down the street is in the same situation...it usally takes 2 days at the most (usually 1 day) for a letter from TO to reach my place...if waitlist letters were sent out on monday I should have recieved something already...what the hell is going on here

Guest Asystole

At long last I received my answer from U of T. I got wait-listed. I can't believe some of the other in-province applicants still don't have an answer. I think everyone knows how I feel about that by now. Brutal.

BTW it is a little hard to read but I think its stamped as the 4th, but if yours was sent on the 4th it should be there by now. I went to the lab today before mine came to take my mind off of things. I found it helpful, nothing like a little electrophoresis to take your mind off U of T.

Guest sncr

everyone,

The truth is that this forum has been more accurate than I wanted it to be... I received my mail in Ottawa and was waitlisted...

What can I say. I was going to differ IF I got into UofT, so now that I am on the waiting list it really does not matter if I get a call or not....

I could see the call now "you have been accepted to UofT..." with my response "great... can I differ until next year?.." I doubt that would go over very well.

I am upset, but we must move on. Thanks for your feedback throughout the last while. I am sure many, many persons have been reading from this forum (without adding anything) and benefited from our discussions.

Guest Puppydawg

Finally my letter has arrived in calgary and, alas, I have been condemned to more waiting... This whole process has been quite draining... and it seems as though the trend shall continue

Guest The Fox Rox

Seems like I am damned to wait eternally, or at least for a few more weeks (hopefully), since I also was put on the waiting list. One of the people I know, who is also from Calgary, told me that he got his acceptance letter on tuesday. So it is true that acceptances were sent out before waitlists, and rejections probably followed them. Hopefully I will have more luck with the next letter from U of T.

Going Bald

Guest maxell

It appears that at many people on this board have been waitlisted.... given that about 15 people here are on the waiting list and only 30 or so get in, chances look very bad.

In reality, many people will be disappointed, including myself - I better move on and make plans for applying in October, and spend the rest of my summer studying for the MCAT again...

Thanks to Ian for providing this excellent medium, as well as to the moderators and others.

Guest stargirl

on my interview day, leslie taylor, the admissions secretary, said that if you hadn't received any response by the 10th of june then you could call them (i wrote it down - as if that was something i would forget!! ha ha!) anyway, i guess that means if you haven't heard yet, you should call them on monday and see what's up...and while you're at it, maybe you can find out if they waitlisted everybody that wasn't accepted, like it seems they did!

Archived