Premed 101 Forums

those living outside of Toronto

Guest AA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

One of my friends lives in Etobicoke and received her UT acceptance this morning (snailmail).

Cheers, and good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Clipper

Anyone from the Markham area get a reply from UT? I didn't get anything....can't believe I'll have to wait yet another day!!!!!!

Guest Champ

Cheech,

Where in Markham do you live. Before I left for the UK I lived at Markham Rd and Highway 7. I went to Brother ANdre High School.

Congrats on your other offers...looks like you have a few decisions to make.

champ..

Guest cheech10

I'm at Denison and McCowan, and I went to Markham District (classic rivalry...). As for the other offers, I'm in at Queen's (my 2nd choice) and waitlisted at UWO and Mac, where I'll be withdrawing my name from the waitlists. So, I'm just waiting (with fingers crossed) to hear from UofT. Thanks for the support.

Guest Champ

Cheech,

small world, my wife actually lived on Woodhall Road. McCowan Steeles!.

I am still waiting here for the mail, but I think it is still a few days away.

champ

Guest chin up

I'm an ottawan and just got my letter on monday as well. They should be coming in all over the place soon enough... good luck to everyone!

Guest rain

I am still waiting. Anyone dare to go down to the admissions office and ask what's going on? I don't work downtown & hence can't go down.

Guest blink

I am from Ottawa, and nothing in the mail from U of T. I called the admissions office and lied, saying that I am leaving out of town for a month tomorrow, but they wouldn't tell me. ALl the lady said was that if I lived in Ottawa, the letter should be there Wednesday or Thursday.

hope that helps

Guest stargirl

i'm from ottawa too...no mail at all today except for a stupid shampoo sample...grrr! i tried the "out of town" scheme last year with u. of o. - failed miserably...they've probably heard it a thousand times...good luck to you blink...may the mail gods smile on us tomorrow...

Guest cheech10

nothing from UofT today

It seems like a lot of people haven't heard yet, while only a few have been accepted. And if we use the ratio given by the 240 first round acceptances for 450 interviewees (as per the interview presentations), there should be a roughly equal split between acceptees and others. So I'm still hopeful that many of us will receive offers, just a few days later than those lucky ones.

Guest sncr

I just wanted to shout out to you all and share the waiting pain we are all feeling.

I am now in Toronto for the summer, but my mailing address is in Ottawa (where I am doing my masters). I called there 10 times today and when I finally got a hold of my roomate, he told me that Ottawa put me on the 'bad' waiting list. I have received nothing from Toronto.

I felt my Toronto interview went well. However, now I am discouraged. I do cling onto the reasoning that over 50% of interviewees get offered and that gives me hope, given what I have read above (mostly for people waiting). Ofcourse, would I take the time to tell you people I got in if I did?... I believe I would.

So lets chill out and just wait until tomorow. Getting in is not everything and we can apply again in two months. There really is no rush for me to be a doc, I just want to be a doc. Whether I have a 40 year career and start when I am 24 or a 39 year career and start when I am 25 is not a big deal.

Guest Glee

If it makes you feel anybody, roughly 90 percent of graduate students interviewed by U of T for the MD program are offered acceptances.

Guest mtws

Glee,

Are you pulling my crank? Is that true? And if you don't mind, how do you know this? That would make it much easier to sleep at night.

Thanks,

M

Archived