Premed 101 Forums

for out of province students...

You should definitely improve on your MCAT; although, if I am not mistaken, I do recall someone receiving an interview with a 29 MCAT. You should check the interview forum for the past cycle. A more secure option, as was mentioned by the above posters, is to raise your MCAT by a few points, to at least a 30.

yes i also think and know that my mcat score is not doing me any favor. i will definately re-write mcat next summer. :)

i was just wondering if i should even bother applying this year with those scores... if there is NO WAY that i can get interview with 26N... i guess there is no point in applying at all?

"Fortune favours the risk-takers."

--Kevin O'Leary, BNN's 'Squeeze-Play,' 2008

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

--Probably the best tennis player I have ever met. I forgot his name.

Think of the opportunity cost. APPLY.

AJN

lol awesome, I have a signature quote!

on another note, roughly what kind of an MCAT score do IP students need ? obviously the higher the better but anyone know the min. and avg? my cgpa is 3.62 but my mcat was a 27Q :(

27's pretty low, especially with a below average GPA. I'd rewrite for at least a 30.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've sent my transcript to the admissions office a month ago and there still isn't a GPA calculation showing up in my application..is this normal?

Yeah, it generally won't show until a few days (possibly even 2 weeks or so) after the application deadline, although on occasion they might process it earlier.

Hey, I'm OOP and don't know what my GPA for alberta would be? for u of C it works out to 3.77 for best two years or something and for omsas its 3.85 for best two years and my MCAT is 12/10/14/T...I'm just wondering if I have a shot because I have no idea how they calculate their GPA!

To my knowledge this is the GPA scale they use: 87-100: 4.0; 86: 3.9; 83-85: 3.8; 82: 3.7; 81: 3.6; 80: 3.5 - can anyone verify this?

Also, if you've graduated your lowest year GPA is dropped (assuming it's not your last).

To my knowledge this is the GPA scale they use: 87-100: 4.0; 86: 3.9; 83-85: 3.8; 82: 3.7; 81: 3.6; 80: 3.5 - can anyone verify this?

Also, if you've graduated your lowest year GPA is dropped (assuming it's not your last).

You have to contact the registrar (not admissions) about GPA conversions. I actually had a talk with them about maybe putting up conversion tables online, but apparently they've tried it in the past and it didn't work out very well for a variety of reasons.

Archived