Premed 101 Forums

Any rejections or waitlist letters yet?

Guest UFTwannabe

Guest maxell

Just a comment:

no one should really give up hope until they receive the final rejection letter... from experience, the UofT is very unpredictable. Just recall the how they mailed the interview letters. My brother, who is a doctor now, got an acceptance letter from the UofT in mid-July. My point is, as long as you don't hear from them, who knows what the outcome will be.

Guest med1don

Don't stress out over it. I'm in Ottawa and haven't heard a thing from U of T, but my friend in 2nd year med got his letter (in Kingston) for U of T 8 days after they 'mailed' them.

Guest JSS02

To the moderators,

Can any of you guys confirm the number of acceptances sent out on the 31st? Was it 240 like in past years, or just 198? And how many people are on the waitlist?

Thanks.

Guest maxell

can any of the moderators provide information on how much down the waiting list applicants are typically accepted?

Any info on the chances of waiting list applicants?

Last year they needed 271 offers to fill the class, and 240 were sent out initially. So that means they went 31 spots into the waitlist, which is quite small. I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up unless they only made 198 offers initially, instead of over-accepting like last year.

Phishy, what does your last name begin with? It seems like almost everyone who was waitlisted had June 4th as the postmark date.

Where do you live?

I hope when your letter is postmarked doesn't reflect whether you're on the top or bottom of the waiting list.

Guest Phishy

I live in richmond hill. This entire thing makes no sense, since it doesn't appear coincide with location or alphabetical order....

Archived