Premed 101 Forums

Any rejections or waitlist letters yet?

Guest UFTwannabe

Guest UFTwannabe

Did anyone receive a rejection or waitlist letter from UFT yet? I haven't received anything. I live in Mississauga...

Guest PainfullyWaiting

I haven't received anything yet from U of T neither. Judging from the first thread, it seems like that all the early letters are acceptance letters. (This is total spectulation by me, but I think it's likely.)

Guest stargirl

no...i think the mail is just bloody slow...the only people that have received anything are in the immediate toronto area, close to u. of t. therefore they would receive their mail first regardless of acceptance/rejection (just my opinion, with my fingers crossed)

Guest Asystole

Personally I think that it is U of T that is the problem not the mail. They sent them out late according to another thread. I hope everyone one else has better luck than myself today. My mail carrier has just come and gone and still no letter from U of T. I was sure it would come today. Still waiting in London.

Guest Angela

I remember reading a post last Friday that someone checked with the admin office at noon and the letters were still not sent out yet. Perhaps they'll come in the mail today.

The other schools sent them out earlier.

Hope this helps!

Angela

Guest tears

I still haven't received any response as well, but I know someone in Ottawa who received an acceptance yesterday! I hope that U of T isn't doing what the other universities have done - that is, send the acceptances first and the wait list/rejections later... sigh...

Guest Asystole

"tears": I know what you mean, I am starting to fear the same thing. Everyone who has gotten notification thus far (that I have seen) has been an acceptance. What would be the point of sending out acceptances earlier though? If I got accepted I would probably soon forget about an extra day or two, but I might be scarred for life if I wait and wait only to get rejected. Here's hoping we find out tomorrow ( before the Paxil runs out :b )

Guest maxell

Admissions office said that all letters (accept , refuse) were sent out friday.

I doubt this - I live next door to the uoft and got nothing. I think that acceptances were sent out first,since nobody mentioned they had been refused, only accepted

Guest Nick

maybe its just that people who got rejected don't want to post it on this website. I wouldn't. I would only post if I got in because i'd be happier.

IT better be that damn mail system

That's possible, but people have been posting waitlists/rejections from the other 4 Ontario schools. So either U of T is jsut extra slow (also possible), or they sent out (or will be sending) waitlists and rejections later on.

Guest medwant2b

I live in Toronto (west end) and am still waiting for a reply from U of T. I got a rejection from McMaster yesterday, and because I had the impression McMaster's interview went better, it seems like I'm destined to be rejected from U of T as well. I'm finding it hard to be optimistic, and that is making the wait that much worse, because like everyone else I don't like receiving bad news. :(

Any one want to share their story of how they got an offer, despite having a terrible interview?

Guest maxell

medwant2b:

similar experience: excellent interview in ottawa, received rejection today. Horrible interview at UofT - I have already considered myself rejected. It is just a formality for me to get the rejection letter.

I live in the downtown area of toronto, and stopped by the med school today at noon. It was then they told me that all letters had been sent on Friday.

Guest tears

Can one of the moderators shed some light as to whether U of T send the acceptances before the wait list and rejections. I understand that the admissions office said all letters were sent on the same day, but it seems that everyone who has received a letter so far got acceptances? For the past two days, I've been running home from work to check my mail box at noon like a little girl rushing for the Christmas tree on Christmas morning and have been disappointed both times... the chilling feeling has been getting stronger...

Guest sncr

I am not a moderator, but feel good sharing my waiting stress with others.

Lets now freak out. I mean, I am also waiting with a mailing address in Ottawa. Does that mean that I wont get in? I dont know. But I have no control over that matter anymore.

I think that there are acceptances still to be mailed out. The evidence points both ways. I don't think the moderators will have anymore wisdom than this. In the end, we will hope that the admission people at UofT were not lying when they said that all responses were released on friday.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

With respect to interview experiences at UT, I know a couple of people who interviewed there in different years and felt that their interviews went not so well (entirely relative term, I know). For example, one of them apparently blanked when asked a more predictable question concerning two-tiered health care. However, take heart: both were accepted in their respective interview years.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Congrats Champ!

Even those living overseas are receiving acceptances before the rest of us in Ontario, I guess now this means that those of us who still haven't heard mostly will be receiving bad news. Too bad... even the weather seems to be signalling something - it looks miserable and wet outside.

Guest PainfullyWaiting

My letter arrived today, and I'm on the waiting list. The post-mark is June 4th. I guess the admission office wasn't so honest afterall about the mailing date.

Guest maxell

letter postmarked 4th june, arrived today (5th), waitlist.

All toronto and area residents should expect the same thing from now on as is obvious that acceptances have been mailed out first.

I was waitlisted last year in at Toronto, and I did not get in.

Even for those on a waiting list, chances are very slim.

It is obvious that they are moving in progression:

Acceptances mailed out on the 31st,

Waitlist on the 4th,

Rejections: who knows?

Guest medwant2b

I'm from Toronto and my letter arrived today. I'm on the waitlist and have found some hope things still might work-out. For those still waiting, try to hang in there.

Guest tears

So I guess our suspicions were correct - they sent out the acceptances first and then the waitlists. As I still haven't received anything today, I think that I'll be getting a rejection. Thanks for those who have posted their info ... at least now I know there's no point in rushing home to check the mail.

Guest maxell

These are comments from another thread on this board titled "U of T Interviews are finally over!"

(by YONGQ)

"Here's some stuff to add as well:

- there's a rumour that the 0T6 class will have 205 spots, but it could be anywhere from 198 to 205 really

- there were about 430 interviews granted this year

- 240 initial offers of admission will be sent out on May 31, so everybody should get something within a week after

- it's 240 b/c admissions expects at least ~40 people to go elsewhere"

(by JD)

I know that last year there were 240 offers sent out initially, and the 271 offers included those from the waitlist.

Note: read the thread yourself so that nothing is taken out of context.

Archived