Premed 101 Forums

Question re: referees

The information requested below "Organization Name" -- does it want the information as it pertains to the organization/institution or would it be more appropriate to provide the referee's personal information (or is it up to the refree?)?

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that "organization name" refers to whatever organization/company they are associated with... whether it be a volunteer organization, company at which you were employed, etc... whereas "institution name" refers to university name, in the case of a professor (or doctor?)

Not too sure, someone please correct me if I'm wrong

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that "organization name" refers to whatever organization/company they are associated with... whether it be a volunteer organization, company at which you were employed, etc... whereas "institution name" refers to university name, in the case of a professor (or doctor?)

Not too sure, someone please correct me if I'm wrong

What if I volunteered for someone who is writing me a letter. They worked at one place for the 2 years I volunteered with them. Now this year, I am not volunteering anymore, but they have now started working for a different employer in a totally different position?

Do I put the old info then?

What if I volunteered for someone who is writing me a letter. They worked at one place for the 2 years I volunteered with them. Now this year, I am not volunteering anymore, but they have now started working for a different employer in a totally different position?

Do I put the old info then?

For my last year OMSAS application, one of my referees was my manager when I was employed for 4 years in a group of companies that no longer exist and he moved on. As Referee, I gave his name, title when I worked under his supervision, his personal email address, the name of one of the defunct companies that no longer exists, his personal phone no., his personal address. Hope that helps.

For my last year OMSAS application, one of my referees was my manager when I was employed for 4 years in a group of companies that no longer exist and he moved on. As Referee, I gave his name, title when I worked under his supervision, his personal email address, the name of one of the defunct companies that no longer exists, his personal phone no., his personal address. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll have to re-send the form I sent to my referee then.

Sigh...I know I'm being neurotic, but I emailed her a couple days ago and she hasn't responded yet. All I have is her email, and I don't know where her new job is at :(

Archived