Premed 101 Forums

New here and a little lost

sump

I am interested in becoming a physician. Primarily I would like to complete my undergrad in Canada. I have looked at options of jumping down to the Caribbean but it doesn't seem like the best option since you are basically on your own. I was thinking of applying to York for the BSc program in Kinesiology and Health Science. I have a keen interest in Sports and Medicine and hope to integrate the two some day.

Would I be able to complete this designation and then apply to medical school or am I looking at a more "Health/Life Science" oriented program?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

PS: If any other recommendations can be made please go ahead and do so I will be continuing my research anyhow.

From what I understand of your post, it seems you are asking what type of undergrad you should do?

It doesn't matter what you get your undergrad degree in, in terms of medical school admissions. You should see the thread directly below this one "Does a medically relevant premed increase your chances."

Follow your heart asnd your interests, and this sounds like an excellent program and preparation for a good future. I am doing the same elsewhere only my interest is not in sports, it is clinical so my specialization for my B.Sc. is in clinical exercise physiology and I have hands on experience with the elderly chronic neurologically and physically impaired patient population. This prepares me for both medicine and as Plan B a career path within the healthcare field as OT or PT. All UG lead to medicine regardless of content, although following your interests is the best path to follow.

Thank you for your prompt response and wisdom.

It is good to know that I can follow my passion which can lead me to my ultimate goals. This forum is very helpful and most definitely on my bookmarks. I will continue reading the post you are directing me to.

Thanks FutureDoc

Sump

Archived