Premed 101 Forums

Are Admissions Questions the Same Each Year?

Guest help

Guest help

Hello,

For all the med schools in Ontario, are all the questions they ask you for the essay/autobiographical submission process the same for the next year of admissions, or to they change them each year?

I sure hope not cause I want to get started now!

Guest hmsdread

Hey,

I applied for entry in 02, and for this year. The questions were the same. I've also seen the OMSAS book for 2000 entry (my friend was applying), and the questions were the same then, too.

So the odds of them remaining the same are in your favor. But of course, you never know, right? I would suggest working on your autobiographic sketch, rather than school specific questions first anyway. Write down everything you've done since you were 16, in fields such as academics, sports, travel, awards, research, etc. It helps to get that organized first because you'll inevitably be pulling some of those experiences into your school-specific questions.

Good luck

hmsdread

Guest Liana

I'm pretty sure the OMSAS application info goes back up in July, so it won't be long before you can confirm whether the questions are the same or different.

Generally, from what I've seen, the questions for most schools change only slightly, if at all. Since (I believe) Toronto's application consists of one essay, it's pretty open-ended anyway. You could reasonably get started now, and maybe just adjust it the questions are different in July.

Archived