Premed 101 Forums

Undergrads - What are you taking in the Fall?

pumped to be getting back to school or what!? Enjoy what's left of summer folks because class is right around the corner! What are you guys taking? My course load is:

1.) Immunology

2.) Nucleic Acids

3.) Biochemical Regulation

4.) Biochem Research Techniques

5.) Honours Project

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be prepared to get bored:

Business--Introduction to Labour Relations

Business--Information Systems (specialized computer ****)

Business--Introduction to Personnel and Human Resource Management

Statistics--For Business & Arts Students (with all my calculus background, I'm forced to take a math for arts students? Oi).

Psych--Introduction to Psychology (Yea! Finally something fun)

pumped to be getting back to school or what!? Enjoy what's left of summer folks because class is right around the corner! What are you guys taking? My course load is:

1.) Immunology

2.) Nucleic Acids

5.) Honours Project

Ooooo...all important and hard and stuff. Cool.

Statistics--For Business & Arts Students (with all my calculus background, I'm forced to take a math for arts students? Oi).

*vomit*

Sorry.:P

My dad was riding my ass about going to med school and not into I-banking AGAIN when I was in Russia.:rolleyes:

*vomit*

Sorry.:P

My dad was riding my ass about going to med school and not into I-banking AGAIN when I was in Russia.:rolleyes:

Unless you already work in business...than a management degree (like mine) is only good for going into something else (aka medicine). Lol.

Trust me, those courses are only there because they are required!

I had to take stats for the social sciences for my psyc degree despite the fact that I already had taken Biostats and regular stats for my biol and chem joint major. It was such a joke. Enjoy your psyc course they're pretty fun.

I had to take stats for the social sciences for my psyc degree despite the fact that I already had taken Biostats and regular stats for my biol and chem joint major. It was such a joke. Enjoy your psyc course they're pretty fun.

I know, eh? And I've already completed the Quant Methods (for physicists and for business!)--I think they have the order mixed up. Lol.

My lameness :o:

Genetics

Animal physiology

Animal development

Water (envirosci.)*

*Yes I'm taking a freakin' bird course. I don't care what the adcommies think about my non full-courseload and BS envirosci course. :P

lol. I don't think it's lame. Afterall, I'm taking Financial Planning, Social Evolution, and Exceptional Children which are all considered bird courses (even though they're upper year and I'm actually interested in them).

1.) Immunology

2.) Nucleic Acids

5.) Honours Project

OMFG.. I thought I was looking at my own courseload. The first four courses are exactly the same ones (with same titles) I'm gonna take, except the fifth one which will be Physical Chemistry. What school do you go to?

lol. I don't think it's lame. Afterall, I'm taking Financial Planning, Social Evolution, and Exceptional Children which are all considered bird courses (even though they're upper year and I'm actually interested in them).

LOL. My winter session courses make me seem like I belong in first year, not 4th. I'm taking 2 first year envirosci courses, a 2nd year psych, and 3rd year genetics. But the psych course I'm taking is kinda interesting, since its a behavioural modification course. I hope to gain the power of mind-control. :D

LOL. My winter session courses make me seem like I belong in first year, not 4th. I'm taking 2 first year envirosci courses, a 2nd year psych, and 3rd year genetics. But the psych course I'm taking is kinda interesting, since its a behavioural modification course. I hope to gain the power of mind-control. :D
Mind control...cool. I just hope the entire course isn't about Skinner, for your sake. Sure the box experiment is interesting the first time you learn about it, but after over 20 discussions on Skinner, I think we get the point. lol.

Also, aren't you an upperyear (like 4th I think?). If you're applying to UofT or Western don't you need like 5 more 3rd and/or 4th year classes? (Sorry if I'm being nosy. I just know of too many people who have been screwed over because of that rule.)

Mind control...cool. I just hope the entire course isn't about Skinner, for your sake. Sure the box experiment is interesting the first time you learn about it, but after over 20 discussions on Skinner, I think we get the point. lol.

Also, aren't you an upperyear (like 4th I think?). If you're applying to UofT or Western don't you need like 5 more 3rd and/or 4th year classes? (Sorry if I'm being nosy. I just know of too many people who have been screwed over because of that rule.)

The course is more about fixing abnormal behaviour in psychopaths and stuff. But from my previous experience of psych courses I'll say its very applicable IRL.

I couldn't care less what adcoms think of my course selection anymore. They can just shove it. :cool:

Alright maybe I care a little. But I clear the two year GPA cutoff for Western, UofT will either weight my GPA or not (I already lost the weighting by dropping a course last year), and Ottawa won't count this year since its not 60% at my year level, which is good since my first two years are my highest GPAs. And theoretically by the time they see anything about my fourth year on my transcript I should already have a conditional acceptance. :D

I know, eh? And I've already completed the Quant Methods (for physicists and for business!)--I think they have the order mixed up. Lol.

****ing business majors trying to make their courses sound sciency.

"quant" = quantitative methods, not physics

"org" = organizational behaviour, not organic.

bastards!

OMFG.. I thought I was looking at my own courseload. The first four courses are exactly the same ones (with same titles) I'm gonna take, except the fifth one which will be Physical Chemistry. What school do you go to?

MUN

****ing business majors trying to make their courses sound sciency.

"quant" = quantitative methods, not physics

"org" = organizational behaviour, not organic.

bastards!

MUN

Love you too, Mike. LOL.

I TOOK Quantum METHODS FOR PHYSICISTS 7yrs ago...so if I wanna call this calc course quant too, I will :P

Since when does anyone think org. theory means organic?

Bus. Quant. is basically a review of optimization and probability. WTF do I need to take statistics for then?

First semester I'm taking:

Physiology

Biostats

Orgo

Biochem

Greek and Latin Roots in Language (classics course)

I took anatomy last summer and was disappointed that it didn't include physiology (although it was in the text)...is physiology offered under the HKR department?

Love you too, Mike. LOL.

I TOOK Quantum METHODS FOR PHYSICISTS 7yrs ago...so if I wanna call this calc course quant too, I will :P

Since when does anyone think org. theory means organic?

Bus. Quant. is basically a review of optimization and probability. WTF do I need to take statistics for then?

Lol I took quantum mechanics in undergrad. I'm totally busting that out when my kids are artscis and think that what they are taking is hard.

Lol I took quantum mechanics in undergrad. I'm totally busting that out when my kids are artscis and think that what they are taking is hard.

Quant Mech, Adv Calc, Astrophysics, Electricity & Magnitism, and Math Methods for physicists....I nearly died that semester.

Archived