Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else feel as if they're lagging behind?

hey

I think this thread is great and I have alot in common with you all. I am 37 and didnt get in this year, and reapplying, with a crap mcat and marks from 20 years ago that came back to haunt me. I have a tonne of medical experience, and life experience second to none....I just wish the committees would look at that and not the GPA!!

hey

I think this thread is great and I have alot in common with you all. I am 37 and didnt get in this year, and reapplying, with a crap mcat and marks from 20 years ago that came back to haunt me. I have a tonne of medical experience, and life experience second to none....I just wish the committees would look at that and not the GPA!!

If it's really bad then you should really consider doing another 2 years of undergrad. Because if it's your GPA that's keeping you out, reapplying every year till you die won't help probably.

Btw, I guess it's time you changed your username huh? =p

hey

UBC allows you to drop anything done more than 10 years ago.

I went back to school recently and completed my degree and got all A's. Problem was that there were 3 courses per semester instead of 5 (b/c I worked F/T), and that too was something holding me back.

I don't know about other schools, but on the application for UBC there is a question that asks why you didn't do f/t and I assume that if you have a valid reason (ie. working full time) they don't count it against you as much. It might be something to look into at other schools.

Archived