Premed 101 Forums

confused about research

AG22

Hey everyone,

what happens if a research internship was done, and all that was involved was assisting masters students with their work? What goes in the additional details section for publication? My supervisor just wanted me to write out my thoughts at the end of the research, and help with running the expts and data entry.

:confused: Would appreciate your insight!

pretty sure they mean real like published articles under the publications details ... maybe you should just put that under employment/volunteer

Oh yes! Thanks waterluv. That's what's called, einstellung...hhaa when one gets stuck on an idea and then can't dissociate from it.

I was like, "hmm well, that was a research internship, what do i do about the publications?!" lol :P

i dont know about you, but i also worked for a phD student, but the data i compiled will be going into her paper. so in essence, my name will be on a paper at some point in the future.

did u ask ur master's student if ur name will be included on the paper. technically, because your work is going towards that paper, it should be.

i dont know about you, but i also worked for a phD student, but the data i compiled will be going into her paper. so in essence, my name will be on a paper at some point in the future.

did u ask ur master's student if ur name will be included on the paper. technically, because your work is going towards that paper, it should be.

That is not in the master's students realm to decide. It is up to the professor who goes on the paper, and standards/requirements for this vary from lab to lab.

Archived