Premed 101 Forums

How Does UWO Calculate GPA?

1. Is it true that you just need 85% to get invited for interviews, but actually need 88% to get accepted?? Do people with 85% stand a chance of getting in at all?

2. If the grades on my transcript are A, B, C, etc... how does UWO convert them into a percentage out of 100?? Does this mean I need ~3.75 (85%) to get invited to interviews, and ~3.8 (88%) to get accepted?

3. When they look at the best two years, do they consider your current year? Thanks!

1. Is it true that you just need 85% to get invited for interviews, but actually need 88% to get accepted?? Do people with 85% stand a chance of getting in at all?

2. If the grades on my transcript are A, B, C, etc... how does UWO convert them into a percentage out of 100?? Does this mean I need ~3.75 (85%) to get invited to interviews, and ~3.8 (88%) to get accepted?

3. When they look at the best two years, do they consider your current year? Thanks!

1) Last year the minimum interview invite was 83.5% i believe, for best two years, but you also had to meet their RC cutoff (19? correct me if i'm wrong)

2) if your grades at A,B,C they are converted to a percentage individually then averaged. an A+ = 95%, A = 87%, A- = 82% etc. You're best off looking at the GPA conversion table from OMSAS

3) western makes their decisions in like june i believe, and since its so late they'll have received your final transcripts and therefore before sending out their acceptances they'll recalculate your best two years. (if your best year is in your latest year, then this will help). For the interview it'll just be your current best two years though.

hope that helps

Thanks nezura, that was very clear!

Another question I had was why are reference letters and personal statements optional?? If people actually submit them, are they pretty much useless in the application process? It's just GPA and DAT number crunching right? Everyone above the cutoff receives interviews/acceptances?

Thanks again!

Thanks nezura, that was very clear!

Another question I had was why are reference letters and personal statements optional?? If people actually submit them, are they pretty much useless in the application process? It's just GPA and DAT number crunching right? Everyone above the cutoff receives interviews/acceptances?

Thanks again!

I think that's how it works, but correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Archived