Premed 101 Forums

In-Province Applicant For Two Provinces?

swank

Is it possible to be an in-province applicant for two different provinces?

I was born and attended school in BC (have a BSc from a BC school). I also went to school in Alberta for two years and am currently living there.

From my understanding, this makes me an in-province applicant for UBC, Alberta, and Calgary under their definitions. Is this correct?

I believe you are correct, as long as it doesn't say anywhere on the school's websites that you cannot be IP in more than one province. I did some research on this a long time ago for BC and Alberta schools so from what I remember it is fine. I never actually emailed the schools though, which is probably something you should do if you are planning on applying soon.

Best of luck.

edit: As to your last question, you are definitely an IP applicant for the Alberta schools(just make sure you will be living there for 12 consecutive months before med school starts). If you lived and attended school in BC through to high school you are fine for BC, but the exact rules are all there on the website if you wan't to make sure.

Is it possible to be an in-province applicant for two different provinces?

I was born and attended school in BC (have a BSc from a BC school). I also went to school in Alberta for two years and am currently living there.

From my understanding, this makes me an in-province applicant for UBC, Alberta, and Calgary under their definitions. Is this correct?

yes it is, IP status is just based on rules, and none (that I know of) of those rules preclude you from being IP somewhere else :)

Archived