Premed 101 Forums

Verifier Number

Prion...in the example it only shows it in the description text box, not the box where we write about our responsibilities etc.

But my description box is full as well, that's why I wanted to know how essential it is to put it in both places.

If you look at the $help for your verifier list. It gives you an example of a description of an activity where the number was put down

I said it poorly, will try again. In the Application, verifiers are indicated for activities and assigned a number. As you write the essay and come to an activity that needs a verifier, the no. you put in () corresponds to the no. of the verfiier given in the Application. Therefore, in reading the Essay, as each verifier no. is given for an activity being discussed, the numbers will not be, (1) (2) (3) but (8) (3) (9). How is that?

I said it poorly, will try again. In the Application, verifiers are indicated for activities and assigned a number. As you write the essay and come to an activity that needs a verifier, the no. you put in () corresponds to the no. of the verfiier given in the Application. Therefore, in reading the Essay, as each verifier no. is given for an activity being discussed, the numbers will not be, (1) (2) (3) but (8) (3) (9). How is that?

Yes I get that, but we weren't talking about the essay, or the numerical order. ;)

I think the reason that they want the verifier number in the description box is that some schools will not look at the detailed sketch. So they need to see the verifer # just by looking at the overview of your sketch.

That's not really valid since as far as I know only Mcmaster does that and they don't care about verifiers.....

I kind of want to be able to say that I wont bother, but at the same time, this application is so important to me that I don't want to be disqualified on a technicality... but my main choice is uOttawa, and they specifically request a detailed sketch... so I have a feeling that it isn't needed...

/sigh/

I wish some of this stuff was less wishy washy

I kind of want to be able to say that I wont bother, but at the same time, this application is so important to me that I don't want to be disqualified on a technicality... but my main choice is uOttawa, and they specifically request a detailed sketch... so I have a feeling that it isn't needed...

/sigh/

I wish some of this stuff was less wishy washy

This answer is exactly how I feel. From technicalities, to OttawaU, to OMSAS being wishy washy. lol.

Archived