Premed 101 Forums

Pre-req and second degree

mrhumble

Hey guys.

I've taken all of my pre-req for medical and dental school from UofT life science program (graduated).

I'm in the nursing program, and I'm about to graduate from that program as well.

However, I have no pre-req taken for the med/dental program from the nursing program. I'm relying on the pre-req taken from the UofT life science program to get me through the application process.

My question is...

Do the admission committee look at the pre-req from the previous degree or do I need to transfer the pre-req courses from UofT to my current nursing program university?

Thanks

Anybody? Future_doc (I trust) and rmorelean :)

Well, I'm not either of the two people you're asking for but I can answer your question anyways. I'm 99.9% sure that once you've obtained the pre-reqs then you're fine. There is no rule that requires you to take the pre-reqs within the degree that you're applying with. The only concern you would have is if your pre-reqs are say 8 or 10 years old.

Well, I'm not either of the two people you're asking for but I can answer your question anyways. I'm 99.9% sure that once you've obtained the pre-reqs then you're fine. There is no rule that requires you to take the pre-reqs within the degree that you're applying with. The only concern you would have is if your pre-reqs are say 8 or 10 years old.

Thank u for reply friend! :)

Hey guys.

I've taken all of my pre-req for medical and dental school from UofT life science program (graduated).

I'm in the nursing program, and I'm about to graduate from that program as well.

However, I have no pre-req taken for the med/dental program from the nursing program. I'm relying on the pre-req taken from the UofT life science program to get me through the application process.

My question is...

Do the admission committee look at the pre-req from the previous degree or do I need to transfer the pre-req courses from UofT to my current nursing program university?

Thanks

Anybody? Future_doc (I trust) and rmorelean :)

They should take them indeed :)

The only thing I am not clear about is I think there may still one or more schools out west that forces pre-reqs to be used for GPA(??). It was to be dropped I thought, but I could be wrong.

They should take them indeed :)

The only thing I am not clear about is I think there may still one or more schools out west that forces pre-reqs to be used for GPA(??). It was to be dropped I thought, but I could be wrong.

UBC uses all your undergrad courses for your cGPA unless they are more than 10 years old, in which case you can ask to have them not counted. If you apply the 10 year rule you will have to retake any pre-reqs that were 10 years or older. Your pre-reqs are also looked at separately from your cumulative and last 60 credits GPA. I don't know about any of the other schools out west though.

Archived