Premed 101 Forums

rewrite?

ladeeda

Hey I got a 34 Q..13PS/11VR/10BS

Just wondering if by BS and WS are too low/if you guys recommend that I rewrite? ugghhh verbal...i thought i got like a 7 so that was a relief but pissed about bio! thanks!!

and due to my less than steller GPA..Queen's and Western are my only 2 options...

haha my gpa sucks so i never even looked at western - just caught me offgaurd....wow! 11!

whatever happened to good things happen to good people dammit!

....may be hard to cut it there too though

Yeah I'm slightly concerned as well, in terms of UWO's MCAT cut-off: I have PS=10, which just exceeds it!

What're the odds of the PS score being bumped up past 10? Here's hoping the odds are a billion to one.

I have the same score but I think my breakdown helps me out a bit more (except for mac)

13BS 11PS 10VR Q

I'm not rewriting, though I may if I don't get in this year (for American schools)

You'd re-write a 34Q with each numerical section 10+? You're crazy! Or you didn't even try to get that 90th percentile score!

I have the same score but I think my breakdown helps me out a bit more (except for mac)

13BS 11PS 10VR Q

I'm not rewriting, though I may if I don't get in this year (for American schools)

I would not rewrite for American schools unless you were aiming for a top10 school (i.e. Harvard, WashU, Johns Hopkins, etc...) where you'd need a couple points more to be competitive

Hey I got a 34 Q..13PS/11VR/10BS

Just wondering if by BS and WS are too low/if you guys recommend that I rewrite? ugghhh verbal...i thought i got like a 7 so that was a relief but pissed about bio! thanks!!

and due to my less than steller GPA..Queen's and Western are my only 2 options...

Depends on what your were expecting to get. For many of us (me included!) your score would be accpetable and we wouldn't rewrite. But it you have the highest level of expectation (based on your ability) and you were shooting for maybe a 36+ then go back and rewrite.

My standards are probably a little lower and I would accept your score with a smile. :D If you have a good GPA, you should be OK for most schools.

• 3 weeks later...

debating whether or not to rewrite, i've already applied for this cycle to Queen's, Mac, and UofT.

got 31R 11/10/R/10

only reason I would want to rewrite is to get an 11 in bio for western next year. i'm just wondering if/which schools in Canada will look at your most recent mcat as opposed to your best score. Depending on the schools, I'm not sure that I want to risk a rewrite (not to mention putting myself through another round of studying). Thanks!

Archived