Premed 101 Forums

Level of education - ambiguous search results

Hey,

I tried searching, but I kind of found both answers. The question is simple. Let's say an activity was during sept-may of my 3rd year. Do I put down 2nd year university as level of education or third year?

Why would you put "2nd" if the activity occured during the the academic term of year 3?

I think it is because he is basing it on completed level of education. I can see why... in a way it is comparable to the reason you wouldn't say you were in 3rd year during the summer between second and third...

That being said, I went with current studying year, except summers, where I went with completed... I dunno, it just seemed right. I'm not TOO worried though... because the dates are correct, and they can see where I was in my education from my transcript if they think I was inconsistent >_>

I think it is because he is basing it on completed level of education. I can see why... in a way it is comparable to the reason you wouldn't say you were in 3rd year during the summer between second and third...

That being said, I went with current studying year, except summers, where I went with completed... I dunno, it just seemed right. I'm not TOO worried though... because the dates are correct, and they can see where I was in my education from my transcript if they think I was inconsistent >_>

Right, you wouldn't say that because the summer in between your 2nd and 3rd year is the summer of your second year! So that time would be "2nd year of university" education level.

Be consistent.

I used the current year, but summers I used the previous year, like above.

This is how I approached it.

Right, you wouldn't say that because the summer in between your 2nd and 3rd year is the summer of your second year! So that time would be "2nd year of university" education level.

This is how I approached it.

Sure - personal choice, it won't really affect things one way or the other. Just be logical and consistent.

Archived