Premed 101 Forums

Where to find % of students who get in during third year ?

Does anyone know the percentage of undergrad students who get accepted to med school during their third year? Is it more or less than those who are in their fourth year?

Also; is there any sort of punishment for applying third year and (if not accepted) applying fourth year? Will you be looked down upon for failing the first time around?

Does anyone know the percentage of undergrad students who get accepted to med school during their third year? Is it more or less than those who are in their fourth year?

Also; is there any sort of punishment for applying third year and (if not accepted) applying fourth year? Will you be looked down upon for failing the first time around?

A lot of university websites have statistic pages that explain what level of university (3 years, 4, years, MSc, PhD) of their accepted years. It's usually a very small percent from third year (best of the best, really).

I doubt there's any punishment for applying again. At MUN, each competition is treated independently of any previous competitions.

If you really think about it, you're at an advantage by applying in third year and not getting in, because you'll already have mastered the application process. And if you are lucky to get an interview in your third year, then you will know what to expect the second time around. I know a lot of people who applied after third year to get a feel for the process. I'd say go for it!

I only know the stats for UBC. Only about 5-10% of the accepted class only have 3 years. The rest all have at least completed a bachelor's degree. UBC actually gives you an extra point for having applied before. The admissions person I talked to about it said that it shows dedication and persistence.

I have never heard of a penalty (accept I guess at Ottawa indirectly as there is only so many times (3) they will let you interview there). I would even be surprised if they knew how many times you applied to honest.

A lot of university websites have statistic pages that explain what level of university (3 years, 4, years, MSc, PhD) of their accepted years. It's usually a very small percent from third year (best of the best, really).

I doubt there's any punishment for applying again. At MUN, each competition is treated independently of any previous competitions.

If you really think about it, you're at an advantage by applying in third year and not getting in, because you'll already have mastered the application process. And if you are lucky to get an interview in your third year, then you will know what to expect the second time around. I know a lot of people who applied after third year to get a feel for the process. I'd say go for it!

Newfiemike you got into John's Hopkins?

Archived