Premed 101 Forums

When are verifiers called?

wow thats a long ways away! thanks for the info

Yup takes a while :) I should mention that having your verifiers called doesn't mean anything about whether you will be accepted or not, its kind of random. Some people even get accepted (like myself) with no one calling any of their verifiers. Just dumb luck!

Yup takes a while :) I should mention that having your verifiers called doesn't mean anything about where you will be accepted or not, its kind of random. Some people even get accepted (like myself) with no one calling any of their verifiers. Just dumb luck!

yeah i've heard that too. Seems like a way to keep people honest. I would think referees get called with much greater frequency and that is likely more indicative of something.

I'd suspect they'd only call a verifier if they had suspicions about a sketch item being fabricated. But that's just my speculation.

Just want to cover my bases. I was unable to get all my verfiers, so I had to use substitutes (i.e. instead of getting the people I volunteered with, I was only able to get into contact with my volunteer coordinators)

by 'post-interview' u mean they call verifiers after the interview???

whats t he point?

so thats means u cant BS ur way thru the interview with regards to the ABS???

jesusssssssssss

Yeah that is right, they usually call them after - they have a 2+ month window to do that after your interview. They actually have a lot less time to it before, as they only decide who gets an interview in come cases 1 month before the interviews themselves and they have to get the interviews themselves organized. Imagine how hard it is to get the hoard of doctors you need for that :)

Archived